OVG Facilities has an exciting opening for a Sr. Marketing Manager in Savannah, GA. Oak View Group is the largest developer of sports and entertainment facilities in the world. We are building a first-class organization that serves our fans, community and business partners through world class sports and entertainment. We believe that our fans and partners come first, great teams can achieve unimaginable results, honoring our community is our duty and driving the business is our responsibility.
Making a positive disruption to the Southeast, the Savannah Arena will be the newest entertainment destination in the region for music and sports. Savannah Arena is a state-of-the-art facility developed in partnership with Oak View Group, Live Nation, Delaware North and the City of Savannah, and is projected to open January 2022 ushering in major touring artists and acts from all over the world. Savannah Arena will also serve as the home to the newest member of the ECHL, Savannah Pro Hockey starting in the 2022-23 season. Savannah Arena is being constructed in the historic West Canal District of Savannah. The facility is designed to have a timeless Southern charm mixed with modern luxurious elements, inspired by the history, landscape and people of the City of Savannah.
Responsible for day to day oversight of all event-related marketing, promotions, and advertising functions designed to sell tickets to Savannah Arena’s non-team events. The position will also be involved in the venue’s social media, database, graphic design, and digital marketing strategies. In addition, the position will actively participate in venue branding, community relations and publicity efforts in conjunction with other members of the marketing team.
This position will also assist in the marketing, PR and advertising efforts for events at the Savannah Civic Center; a multi-purpose venue that includes the 7,500 seat Martin Luther King Jr. Arena, 2,600 seat Johnny Mercer Theatre, a grand ballroom, and various meeting space.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Plan and execute effective marketing campaigns specific to each family show, concert, or sporting event to maximize attendance and ticket revenue. This includes but is not limited to media planning-negotiating-buying, promotion implementation, publicity, database marketing, social media strategy, trade media allocation, digital marketing, campaign budgeting and settlement preparation.
- Work in conjunction with other members of the Savannah Arena marketing team to effectively communicate and promote events through venue assets, event sponsorships, promotional partnerships, community efforts, media partners, trade partnerships and group marketing campaigns on a show-by-show basis.
- Initiate, develop and maintain relationships with national and local promoters, record labels, touring personnel, and media partners.
- Organize and communicate event marketing efforts and initiatives including but not limited to: marketing material (admats, digital assets, etc.) distribution, PR and media needs, and ticketing promotions.
- Build digital media and social plans and strategies, including creation of an email marketing calendar and content strategy to support events, promotions, venue, guest services and premium sales goals.
- Maintain venue website with all event and guest experience updates and continue development of website, optimizing content and features for all stakeholders.
- Integrate arena event marketing strategies with the Savannah Pro Hockey marketing and communications team to leverage cross promotional opportunities.
- Assist with the graphic creation, management and activation of venue branding, marketing and communication initiatives including but not limited to departmental budgeting, annual marketing plan creation, community relations programming and internal/external venue publicity efforts.
- Layout and design for promotors and event clients as needed/required: in-venue signage, print and web ads, product concept and development, eblasts, signage, etc.
- Serve as on-site marketing department representative for designated events (e.g. duties may include serving as venue PR representative, media escorting, sponsor and/or promotional partner implementation, media partner implementation, etc.)
- Work closely with Premium and Sponsorship Sales, Box Office, Food & Beverage and other departments on implementation of marketing campaigns and fulfillment of contractual requirements.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
- A minimum of 4 to 6 years of related work experience.
- Experience in digital marketing, social media, and graphic design (Adobe Suite)
- Must be adaptable with the ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with an expert ability to present and communicate new ideas and concepts.
- Extremely organized and detail oriented, resourceful, quick learner and able to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Creative and driven, be able to ideate and execute on unique marketing opportunities.
- A high degree of personal integrity and consistently put the interests of the organization first.
- Must be a fierce communicator and cross-organizational collaborator.
Preferred Experience & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university; Area of Study: Sales, Marketing, Business Administration or related field, or equivalent work experience.
- Experience with large-scale events in a stadium or concert setting of a similar size (10,000 seats) is highly desirable.
- Minimal Travel (<10% travel): May be required to travel. Trips may require air travel and/or overnight stay away from home for one or more nights.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule inclusive of weekends, nights and holidays required.
- Frequent bending, lifting 15-20 pounds, sitting, exposure to multiple external elements, extensive walking through the building including inclines and stairs.
Oak View Group
Oak View Group is a sports and entertainment company engaged in a wide variety of activities, including arena development, facility management, arena and stadium alliance, sponsorships and partnerships, security services, publications, conferences, and consulting. The company, privately held, is headquartered in Los Angeles, California with offices throughout the world.
We are committed to ensuring all of our buildings and office locations are the safest in the world for artists, teams, employees, and fans. Thus, OVG requires vaccinations of all employees, sub-contractors, and vendors.
Oak View Group is committed to equal employment opportunity. We will not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any legally recognized basis (“protected class”) including, but not limited to veteran status, uniform service member status, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information or any other protected class under federal, state, or local law.