For Production hiring: $1,500 sign-on bonus: After hired on $750 to be paid at 6 months/ $750 to be paid at 1 Year. Non-agency/ direct-hire candidates are eligible.
The Mechanical Assembler 2nd Shift is responsible for mechanical assemblies and subassemblies for various clutch, brake and gearmotor product lines.
- Set up sheets and read blueprints
- Pick hardware items
- Assemble, fit, and install parts to form subassemblies and final assemblies
- Set up and operate machines, testers and cranes
- Mount and position materials
- Install connectors, plus, wire guides, and more
- Prepare epoxy
- Cut semi-finished parts
- Cycle counting
- Package some products
- Perform various types of testing
- Assist other departments
- Perform other duties as assigned
The days and hours for 2nd Shift are Monday through Thursday, 2:30pm-1:00am. Shift differential included. Overtime occurs as needed.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Basic computer skills
• Basic math skills (standard and metric)
• Basic knowledge of hand tools and power tools
• Ability to follow work instructions accurately
• Ability to do accurate work at a rapid pace
• Ability to communicate clearly and effectively (written and verbal)
• Ability to work well independently as well as with others
• Have attention to detail
• Ability to multi-task
• Ability to proficiently read and write in English
• Ability to follow all safety rules
• Basic understanding of inspection equipment (calipers, micrometers, etc.)
• Basic understanding of product functions
• Ability to operate pallet jack
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Ability to be on feet standing majority of shift
• Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
• Ability to lift, push, pull and sit as needed
The working conditions described here are representative of those an employee may be exposed to while performing job duties and responsibilities.
- Brightly lit
- Climate controlled
- Industrial Setting
- Organized and clean
ABOUT THE COMPANY
KEB America, Inc. headquartered in Shakopee, Minnesota, is a subsidiary of KEB Automation KG, a global provider of complete automation system solutions. KEB develops mechanical and electronic solutions for drive and automation systems. KEB products can be found in the most demanding applications across the world and are used in a wide range of industries including elevator, medical, packaging, and plastics.
Check out KEB's website: https://www.kebamerica.com/
- Competitive pay
- 401(k) and match
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Flexible spending account (FSA)
- Health saving account (HSA)
- Life Insurance
- Short-term and long-term insurance
- Paid time off (PTO) and paid holidays
- Employee assistance program (EAP)
- Opportunities for advancement
- Flexible schedule
- Educational assistance
- Growth opportunities
- And more!