US citizenship or permanent residency visa required.
Optikos is seeking an experienced, enthusiastic, and creative principal mechanical engineer to join our growing business of optical design services and optical system development. You will take a leadership role among a diverse engineering staff to develop new and cutting edge products for our customers and for the Optikos product line. Our small company atmosphere (60 employees) is ideal for those who enjoy the full gamut of product development, from system architecture and conceptualization, modeling and simulation, to prototyping and laboratory testing. You will participate in the build of products you design and see them manufactured for use in consumer, industrial, medical, and aerospace applications. Optikos specializes in taking on interesting and challenging projects and we are eager to add talent to our exceptional team.
About Optikos Corporation:
For nearly 38 years, Optikos® has provided innovative applications of optical technology, both products and services, to commercial, government, and consumer products organizations worldwide. The Optikos engineering team is the largest independent optical engineering group in the world, managing all aspects of instrument design–including optics, mechanics, electronics and software systems–in addition to our in-house IQ Lab™ Services to benchmark and assess the performance of customer lens or camera systems. We develop innovative products in the life sciences, aerospace and defense, industrial, and consumer markets, and our experience with a wide variety of applications has enabled our staff to generate creative solutions to some of the most challenging optical problems. Our team continues to improve existing metrology product lines and develop new products that Optikos manufactures and installs around the globe. Our headquarters is centrally located right outside the Boston medical and tech hub in Wakefield, Massachusetts.
A successful candidate has a history of precision mechanical system development: a proven track record of design, analysis, and product realization. We love to see examples of someone’s work and to dive into technical details!
- Highly motivated individual with a proven track record (15+ years) of innovative work designing optomechanical assemblies and opto-mechatronics
- Optomechanical system architect with current experience in mechanical design and product development
- Expert in the field of Mechanical Engineering: demonstrating a breadth and depth of knowledge sufficient to confidently address issues and communicate with clarity and insight
- Able to innovate: apply new technologies or existing art in new ways to solve challenging mechanical design problems
Experience designing systems incorporating some or all of the following:
o High precision motorized mechanisms
o Lens and mirror mounts – large and small
o Flexures and kinematic mounts
o Metal castings, plastic moldings, additive manufacturing
o Design for Manufacture
o Production Systems and Automated Material Handling
- Project management is a plus, but this position emphasizes technical contribution
- Experience with FEA; primarily static, modal, and thermal
- Expert in the use of SolidWorks or similar CAD software
- Enjoys hands-on work. It is routine to participate in build and test of your designs.
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering; graduate degree preferred
Optikos is located in Wakefield, Massachusetts. We offer competitive compensation packages along with a challenging and stimulating environment. US citizenship or permanent residency visa required.
Optikos is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.