OVG Facilities has an exciting opening for a Director of Events for the new Enmarket Arena opening in January 2022. The Enmarket Arena will boast a 9,500-seat arena with luxury suites, club seating, and first-rate food and beverage. The Enmarket Arena will bolster entertainment in Southeast by hosting must-see national touring concerts, family shows, comedians, and more. The venue is also set to expand sports in the region by introducing a tenant ECHL hockey team along with presenting professional, collegiate and amateur sporting events.
Utilizing independent judgement, the Director of Events will oversee the events department, manage every aspect of events in the facility from the advance planning stages through the end of the event; position will recruit, train, motivate, and evaluate all full and part time staff including third party building security, guest services, medical staff, coordination of police presence, and parking and interact with local public safety officials to ensure events run smoothly; coordinate communication between event related staff and delegate assignments; be responsible for and ensure overall customer and lessee satisfaction.
- Manages all events to include concerts, family shows, sporting events, meetings, tradeshows, conventions and conferences contracted at the Enmarket Arena, City Lot and Savannah Civic Center.
- Oversees the advancing and communicating event information to the appropriate departments and staff.
- Coordinates event seating layouts with box office when necessary
- Works with operations to oversee event set-up and tear-down, i.e. basketball floor, stage risers, chairs, signs, and tables etc.
- Acts as liaison with City Services for numerous facility related functions (City Codes, Parking, Licenses, permits, etc.).
- Prepare data sheets for building personnel prior to each event
- Present event previews/reviews in weekly staff meetings
- Prepare event estimates as determined by requirements using annual budgets as a guide
- Deliver timely and accurate event information to finance department for settlement/invoicing.
- Ensure successful event coordination activities by supervising and training Event Manager and/or Coordinator(s). Plan, organize and assign all day-to-day work assignments for Event Services Department personnel including Event Manager, Event Coordinator(s), and Security personnel.
- Direct, hire, supervise and schedule all aspects of event services including, third party event staffing, security, crowd and risk management, police, fire and safety personnel, and ADA compliance.
- Responsible for all summaries of events produced by the Event Services Department.
- Develop operating procedures that conform to corporate and industry standards, customized to the specific needs of the facility and consistent with the goals and objectives of the client, facility and corporation.
- Attend department head meetings and staff meetings. Develop and maintain a harmonious working relationship with all of the other departments.
- Assist in the preparation of the annual operating budget for the events department
- Assist in the preparation and negotiation of service agreements for event services security, event staffing and other agreements as needed.
- Act as liaison between unions, tenants, facility contractors and city emergency personnel as needed.
- Work with Director of Operations and AGM to develop and implement emergency procedures, and safety and risk management policies.
- Make immediate decisions and communicate with all users of the facility in an emergency situation
- Researches, reviews and recommends equipment, materials and supplies required in providing event services and planning. · Prepares schedules and assign events to the event manager and coordinator
- Serves as liaison for all facility clients to ensure highest level of customer service for all internal and external customers.
- Develops policies and procedures for the Event Services along with security and monitors their effectiveness.
- Establishes new standards of customer service by working with departments in the facility.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Work extended and/or irregular hours including nights, weekends and holidays as needed.
Nonessential Job Functions:
· Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
· Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 and provide proof upon hiring.
- Bachelor’s/Technical degree from an accredited college/university/school required.
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience in event and operations management supervisory position
- Must be able to work flexible schedule including, early mornings, evenings, weekends, holidays and extended number of consecutive days.
- Knowledge of budget preparation and control.
- Proficient knowledge of Windows and Microsoft Office software
- Knowledge in AutoCAD preferred
- Knowledge of operational characteristics of events, including crowd management and control techniques; fire and public safety regulations, food service practices
- Production experience involving concert set up, audio, video, lighting and rigging preferred
- Self-motivated with excellent interpersonal and communications skills and the ability to function and make management decisions in a fast-paced high pressure environment with strong attention to detail and organization
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Occasional travel may be required
Oak View Group
Oak View Group is a sports and entertainment company engaged in a wide variety of activities, including arena development, facility management, arena and stadium alliance, sponsorships and partnerships, security services, publications, conferences, and consulting. The company, privately held, is headquartered in Los Angeles, California with offices throughout the world.
We are committed to ensuring all of our buildings and office locations are the safest in the world for artists, teams, employees, and fans. Thus, OVG requires vaccinations of all employees, sub-contractors, and vendors.
Oak View Group is committed to equal employment opportunity. We will not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any legally recognized basis (“protected class”) including, but not limited to veteran status, uniform service member status, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information or any other protected class under federal, state, or local law.