OVG Facilities has an exciting opening for a Director of Events for the new Enmarket Arena opening in January 2022. The Enmarket Arena will boast a 9,500-seat arena with luxury suites, club seating, and first-rate food and beverage. The Enmarket Arena will bolster entertainment in Southeast by hosting must-see national touring concerts, family shows, comedians, and more. The venue is also set to expand sports in the region by introducing a tenant ECHL hockey team along with presenting professional, collegiate and amateur sporting events.
This position is responsible for the supervision of the Engineering and Audio/Visual departments, overseeing the hiring, training, and scheduling of those employees. This position is responsible for the oversight and monitoring of all HVAC, plumbing, alarm/security systems, video/marquee boards and related equipment, sound system, lighting systems, phone/IT and electrical/electronic equipment, including the ice hockey sheet and related equipment, in the Enmarket Arena.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Oversees the hiring, training, and scheduling of Full-Time and Part-Time Engineering staff and Audio/Video Techs
- Oversees the condition of the ice for hockey and works in conjunction with the Operations Manager to manage the build-up and cut down of ice for special events
- Performs duties as an ice technician and works in conjunction with the Operations Manager on duties such as: ice sheet build/removal, game/practice/maintenance ice cuts, ice maintenance and basic resurfacer preventative maintenance
- Assists in the development and implementation of preventive maintenance and other standard operating procedures for all building systems
- Negotiates and maintains contracts for maintenance agreements with outside vendors
- Understands and trains staff concerning the use of arena systems including but not limited to, lighting systems, fire panel, security systems, video boards and related equipment, and sound system
- Maintains an adequate inventory of spare parts and supplies needed to ensure uninterrupted service of HVAC, boiler, plumbing, and electrical systems and serves as the emergency contact for those services/systems
- Responsible for the implementation of policies in regard to the repair of the facility’s HVAC, plumbing, boiler, and electrical systems for the efficient operation of the facility, including performing the work him/herself as needed
- Assists in the development and implementation of the Enmarket Arena’s Risk Management Program comprised of OSHA safety regulations and Security and Emergency Management Programs
- Responsible for the oversight and performance of preventive maintenance and repairs, alterations, and routine operations to the facility HVAC, boiler, plumbing and electrical systems as needed
- Must be fully versed and skilled in all operations of Enmarket equipment including, but not limited to, forklift, hand tools, Zamboni, power tools, and vehicles
- In conjunction with the Director of Operations, responds to routine, precautionary, and emergency alarms from the building automation systems
- Must possess demonstrated knowledge in methods, principles, and practices required for the operation, repair, and maintenance of all systems such as HVAC, boiler, plumbing and electrical systems
- Must possess a thorough understanding of an ammonia ice plant and complete operation of the ice floor including Zamboni operation and ice build
- Must possess a thorough understanding of operational procedures and industry terminology
- Must possess an EPA Universal Certification
- Must possesses or be willing to obtain RETA and NATE Certifications
- U.S. Rink Association CIT Certification preferred
- Must possess a thorough understanding of LEED Certified Buildings and take initiatives toward it
- Must possess a working knowledge of electricity, electrical currents, and electrical blueprints
- Must possess a demonstrated ability to read and comprehend blueprints, drawings, and other related materials; must possess basic computer skills
- Must possess the ability to work effectively under pressure and/or the stringent schedules and produce accurate results; must possess the ability to work independently and exercise proper judgment in routine matters
- Must possess the ability to maintain an effective working relationship with clients, employees, exhibitors, guests, and others encountered in the course of employment
- Must be licensed and insured to operate a motor vehicle
- Must have a college/tech school degree and 3-5 years experience in commercial HVAC
- Must possess the ability to meet the physical demands of this job which include being able to access all areas of the facility, lifting and carrying up to sixty (60) pounds, moving, climbing, and working at various heights
- Must possess the ability to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends, and holidays
- Some overnight travel may be expected
Oak View Group
Oak View Group is a sports and entertainment company engaged in a wide variety of activities, including arena development, facility management, arena and stadium alliance, sponsorships and partnerships, security services, publications, conferences, and consulting. The company, privately held, is headquartered in Los Angeles, California with offices throughout the world.
We are committed to ensuring all of our buildings and office locations are the safest in the world for artists, teams, employees, and fans. Thus, OVG requires vaccinations of all employees, sub-contractors, and vendors.
Oak View Group is committed to equal employment opportunity. We will not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any legally recognized basis (“protected class”) including, but not limited to veteran status, uniform service member status, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information or any other protected class under federal, state, or local law.