The Ride Operator is responsible for proper operation of amusement rides and attractions including assisting guests in loading/unloading and checking of ride and restraining systems, operating the ride using control panels, communicating safety instructions, and observing the ride while in motion in accordance with Lagoon’s Policies and Procedures. The Ride Operator will also be enforcing all park policies and safety guidelines in accordance with Lagoon’s Policies and Procedures.
This position is seasonal. Seasonal employees perform their work at certain seasons and periods of the year. Their work, by its nature, is not continuous nor is it carried on throughout the year. A seasonal employee who is employed at the conclusion of the season will be terminated.
- Able to stand, walk, crouch, crawl, kneel, or stoop.
- Able to stand and/or walk at a specified pace for up to eight (8) hours.
- Able to perform work duties outdoors in varying weather prevalent at the time.
- Able to read and understand daily checklists.
- Able to handle stressful situations in a calm and professional manner.
- Able to speak to and give other employees and guests verbal instructions.
- The Ride Operator must be flexible to work at different ride and/or attraction positions and must be knowledgeable to all work stations requirements and functions.
- Able to work around high noise levels resulting from amusement rides and various equipment.