ASL Version: https://youtu.be/a18SXaMgEL8
- $1,500 Sign-on Bonus
- Housing Resources Available
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Benefits include: Health; Dental; Vision; Life and Disability Insurance; Employer-Matching 403B; Sick/Personal/Vacation Time; Flexible Spending and Dependent Care
TLC Diversity Statement
The Learning Center for the Deaf is on a journey to create an inclusive and welcoming space for people of all backgrounds. Together, we continue to build an inclusive culture that encourages, supports, and celebrates our TLC community members' diverse narratives. We embrace and value multiple approaches, experiences, and perspectives. TLC believes that diversity fosters innovation. We are committed to cultivating a place where everyone can feel they belong
About Marie Philip School:
MPS enrolls nearly 200 deaf and hard of hearing students on our Framingham, MA campus in an ASL/English bilingual, bicultural educational model.
The Learning Center for the Deaf is a nationally-recognized leader of services for deaf and hard of hearing children, adults and families. To learn more, click here.
For our Mission, click here.
FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Mainstream Coordinator Role:
- Collaborate with students, MPS Teachers, mainstream driver, Interpreter Coordinator and supervisor to provide ongoing and appropriate support to MPS students who are mainstreaming in the local public schools.
- Regular communication with TLC interpreting team mainstream coordinator in order to improve planning and communication related to students taking mainstream classes.
- Help with student transportation when needed.
MCAS Coordinator Support Role:
- Oversee the administration of MCAS and ACCESS testing at MPS/WS.
- Comply with DESE requirements regarding MCAS testing.
- Order and organize MCAS and ACCESS materials, set up rooms for testing, monitor testing, scheduling MCAS volunteers if needed.
- Provide ongoing support for principals and teachers completing MCAS portfolios.
- Access MCAS and ACCESS results from DESE website and enter results into TLC/MPS database.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- A minimum of conversational fluency in American Sign Language required, with native, or near-native ASL fluency preferred
- Written language competency
- Ability to work effectively as part of an educational team
- Computer literacy skills (e.g., spreadsheets, word processing)
- Strong organizational skills
This position is open until filled.