At VMC Group, we strive for success and we are a leading producer and supplier in our industry. Since 1925, our company has built a solid foundation, not only through our products, but with our employees as well. We provide quality testing instrumentation and technical support services for research and testing laboratories worldwide.
For over 10 decades, VMC Group has been recognized as a world leader in the design and manufacture of vibration isolation, seismic control and shock protection products. Our comprehensive product and engineering solutions cover a variety of industries – commercial construction, industrial/vehicular, OEM and military/aerospace.
VMC Group’s project managers and engineers are best known for working closely with our customers to exceed their expectations in the design, development and manufacturing of solutions for a specific application need. Whether the challenge is to solve a vibration isolation issue for a new piece of equipment or manage a seismic energy spec for a building structure, the VMC team works closely with each customer to engineer solutions to ensure years of superior resilience and isolation integrity.
VMC Group calls this philosophical approach The Power of Together™, and it defines the partnering relationship customers can expect when working with VMC. We encourage you to visit our website at https://thevmcgroup.com
We are seeking an individual who is interested in a rewarding future and to be a part of our family in Bloomingdale, New Jersey. Working at VMC Group is more than just a job, this is a career.
Talent Acquisition Specialist
This key role is responsible to develop and implement a full cycle recruitment strategy which includes:
- Partner with hiring managers to understand hiring needs and develop recruitment strategies to fill current openings and plan for future growth
- Prepare and update job descriptions
- Develop and maintain networks/partnerships to actively build database/pipeline for required talent
- Manage and participate in job fairs, Open House and other recruiting events
- Develop and post creative and appropriate job postings and ads that attract individuals with required talents
- Interview and recommend applicants for further interviews and maintain documentation of the recruitment process
- Manage and schedule candidate interviews for hiring managers
- Verify educational backgrounds, solicit references
- Prepare offer letters and related correspondence
- Prepare and report on recruiting metrics and outreach efforts and adjust recruiting strategies to continually attract and hire required talent.
- Onboard all new hires
- Responsible for ‘stay interviews’ and ‘exit interviews’ and report to Senior management on trends and findings to continually improve the employee experience
- Serve as a point of contact for new hires
- Develop and implement employee relations strategies for enhanced employee retention
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources preferred
- 5 years full-time, directly related experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Experience working with ATS
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proven experience in developing creative ways to recruit candidates
- Proven experience in implementing effective onboarding programs
- Detail oriented and well organized
- Proven ability to work independently and take initiative in proposing and implementing recruiting strategies and projects
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced environment with competing priorities in a team environment
We believe that a comprehensive employee benefits program is an important and meaningful part of the compensation employees receive. Our benefits program includes, but is not limited to competitive time off benefits, a robust health, prescription, vision and dental plan, Flexible Spending Account, 401(k) and life insurance. VMC Group provides basic AD&D, short term disability, long term disability and business travel accident insurance.
VMC Group is an equal opportunity employer that values inclusion and diversity. We are committed to ensuring that all qualified applicants receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a veteran, disability or any other federal, state or local protected characteristic.