Do you enjoy mentoring young people of all backgrounds? Are you inspired to create positive change in our community? Do you enjoy working in a collaborative and supportive environment for a values-driven organization that cares deeply for its employees? If so, the Boulder JCC might be the place for you!
If you like working with kids, our organization is looking to add energetic, conscientious, and resourceful Summer Camp Counselors to our team. The Cherryvale Day Camp Counselors are the foundation and the heart of our summer day camp program which serves children ages 4-12. Camp would not be possible without our amazing staff.
- This seasonal role is in-person and full-time during the camp season, May 27 - August 12, 2022.
- We have a full week of training before the camp season begins. Some sessions will be online and some in person.
- Our camp is operated outdoors unless weather prohibits it. Working conditions include spending full days under the sun in all temperatures.
- In coordination with our health and safety protocols, all campers, counselors, and staff members must currently wear masks indoors.
- Supervise a group of campers, acting as guide, mentor, and counselor.
- Maintain a safe and healthy environment for campers, abiding by all camp rules and policies. Assist any camper with empathy and patience when needed.
- Enthusiastically participate in and implement all camp programs and activities.
- Embody a positive, authentic attitude and a strong desire to work with and serve as a role model for children.
- Interface with the leadership team (Assistant Camp Director, Program Director, Camp Director, Camper Care Specialist) as needed.
- This is a non-exempt hourly position with a salary range of $14.50-$15.50/hour commensurate with experience. The benefits for seasonal staff currently include a 403b retirement plan, staff discounts, and more.
- Bonuses up to $1,000 will be awarded throughout the summer
- This position is scheduled based on the numbers of campers we have each session and is dependent on changing restrictions due to COVID-19. We cannot always guarantee full-time work each week but we do our best to ensure our counselors work as many hours as possible throughout the summer.
The Boulder JCC remains committed to maintaining the safety, security, and health of our staff, students, and community. To that end, the Boulder JCC has implemented a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy for all Boulder JCC employees, with certain exemptions for religious and medical/disability. The Boulder JCC will require all employees, including temporary staff (i.e. seasonal), to obtain and maintain up to date COVID-19 vaccinations.
If you think you would be a good fit, even if you do not meet every one of the qualifications, we encourage you to apply.
Applications are accepted online here . Once you submit your application, our Camps & Youth Assistant Director will be in touch if we would like to schedule an interview. An offer of employment in this position will be contingent on the successful completion of a background check.
We look forward to hearing from you!
The Boulder JCC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. You are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The Boulder JCC’s mission is to provide programs and services based in Jewish values and traditions in a place where people of all ages and backgrounds gather to connect, exchange ideas, learn, and grow. The Boulder JCC is recognized for its innovative approaches to community engagement with the next generation and families through meaningful experiences and philanthropy.
If you have any questions, please contact Celia Calhoun at email@example.com or call 303-998-1900.
- Must be at least 18 years old when the summer camp season begins
- Responsible, reliable, and punctual
- No longer enrolled in High School (graduation not required)
- Staff members will be required to uphold all current health and safety protocols. Policies are subject to change.