Use the power of words (and visuals!) to influence PETA members and prospective donors to increase their financial support of PETA’s campaigns and live a more cruelty-free life. With a focus on fun and inspiring virtual and in-person events, and upbeat reports on how PETA’s work has helped animals, the Membership Communications Copy Writer will play a vital role in a team that is helping build the organization’s resources to make more groundbreaking progress. The writer will also help build support for other PETA entities.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties:
• Write and revise virtual event scripts, video scripts, progress reports to donors, and other fundraising copy
• Create new and revised copy to respond to members and prospects who contact PETA or its international affiliates
• Create internal reports to help staff in their work with donors and prospects
• Perform any other duties assigned by the supervisor
• Degree in a related field or equivalent experience
• Minimum of one year of professional writing experience, which may include writing for newspapers, magazines, or other publications
• Experience with scripting videos, events, video presentations, etc
• Experience writing email and web communications
• Experience with fundraising appeals and acknowledgments desired
• Thorough knowledge of animal rights issues and campaigns of PETA and its international affiliates
• Proven ability to meet deadlines while under pressure
• Excellent organizational skills and meticulous attention to detail
• Proven ability to deal with a variety of people in a professional manner
• Demonstrated ability to take initiative and follow-through
• Support for PETA's philosophy and the ability to professionally advocate PETA's positions on issues
• Commitment to the objectives of the organization
The hourly pay range for this position is $17.40-$21.36 per hour. The ultimate hourly pay within this range that will be offered to a qualified candidate will be determined based on the candidate’s experience and the cost of living in the area in which the candidate will live and work.
A list of benefits available to qualified employees is available here.