Title: Software Engineer
Reports to: Chief Manufacturing Officer
Nephron Pharmaceuticals Corporation is a privately owned global leader in the manufacturing of generic drug products, over-the-counter (OTC) drug products and medical devices. Nephron’s products are sterile, preservative, and additive free and proudly made in the USA! We are headquartered in West Columbia, South Carolina, with additional distribution centers in Kentucky and Arizona. Our location provides the ability to develop new devices and medications including respiratory therapies, ophthalmics, and injectables, for in-house or contract manufacturing opportunities.
The facility utilizes completely automated manufacturing, packaging, and distribution systems, in addition to high volume and redundant utility systems, to ensure production system availability. Nephron specializes in Blow-Fill-Seal (BFS) manufacturing, a niche technology that allows a vial of medication to be formed, filled, and sealed in a continuous process, in a sterile, enclosed environment and without human intervention. As an industry leader in product safety and quality, Nephron produces a variety of inhalation solutions, and has distributed over 1 billion doses of respiratory medication per year since 2009.
Nephron is currently working on research and development projects that include several new products. The company’s longstanding relationships with major drug wholesalers allow us to distribute our products to retail pharmacies, mail order pharmacies, hospitals, home care companies, and long-term care facilities. Nephron has a sales force that covers all fifty states and Puerto Rico, with additional sales channels throughout South America, the Middle East, and Europe. Nephron exists to provide top-quality, affordable medications to everyone.
- Responsible for assigned Engineering projects
- Participates in projects from the conceptual phase to production
- Supports production operations with technical assistance and troubleshooting insight
- Perform other Engineering duties as assigned or apparent
The primary accountabilities below are intended to describe the general content of and requirements of this position and are not intended to be an exhaustive statement of duties. Incumbents may perform all or most of the primary accountabilities listed below. Candidates will be required know the basics of programming skills for data analytics and/or application development and will be working the project for different manufacturing process and building a foundation for successful smart manufacturing applications for the Nephron engineering team. Specific tasks or responsibilities will be documented in the incumbent’s performance objectives as outlined by the incumbent’s immediate supervisor or manager.
- Supports process optimization and data analytics in a manufacturing environment.
- Acquires and interpret data from information systems to support predictive analytics within the lifecycles of Nephron products.
- Participates in constructing data-driven models to handle different statistical complications and creating specific interfaces that integrates within the SMT framework.
- Integrates process data from several manufacturing cells and communicates through model indices to enable process optimization.
- Participates in the design and implementation of new equipment and cost-effective equipment modifications to help improve facility safety, reliability, and throughput.
- Participates in the creation, execution, and summary reporting of Process Development studies.
- Responsible for writing and reviewing URS documents.
- Responsible for acquiring and reviewing equipment/materials quotations.
- Responsible for creating and modifying engineering, plant, and process drawings.
- Responsible for effective written, verbal, and interpersonal interactions with internal and external project teams.
- Provide technical support as needed throughout the facility.
- Interact with internal (Engineering, Operations, QA, etc.) and external customers.
- Support the team lead and engineering head as needed.
- Takes an active role in writing documentation as needed.
- Takes a leadership role in supporting other team members.
- Ability to interact with all levels of management.
- Working overtime as needed.
- Work accident-free.
- All other duties as assigned or apparent.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- BS degree in Software Engineering or related field is preferred.
· Good understanding of Web App frameworks, such as React and Next.js.
· Proficiency in querying and manipulating data sets for analytical purposes using SQL-like languages.
· Proficiency in one or more programming languages such as Golang and Python.
· Able to work with Linux and Git.
· Strong analytical and problem-solving ability.
· Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite with a strong knowledge in Word and Excel.
· Excellent communication skills.
· Highly organized with the ability to manage multiple projects and changing priorities.
· Ability to work well independently or with a team.
· Possess an attention to detail.
- Knowledge of cGMP plant operations and scale-up is desired.
· The ability to take strategic objectives and accept accountability to drive results through effective actions.
- The ability to motivate and influence others, thinks globally and leverages diversity.
· The ability to effectively manage oneself, demonstrates integrity, be productive under pressure, and achieve development goals.
· Position requires bending (desk to floor), lifting (up to 15 lbs.), corrected vision (20/20), standing, sitting, typing, and walking.
- Willingness to participate in training and gain other certifications as needed.
· MUST have a valid driver’s license or government issued ID.
· MUST pass a drug test.
- Salary range: Based on experience.
Nephron is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate against employees or job applicants on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, pregnancy, marital status, genetic information, childbirth, medical needs arising from pregnancy and childbirth and related medical conditions, including lactation, or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable federal, state or local law.
Nephron Pharmaceuticals is a drug free workplace.