Develop and oversee the engineering and design efforts for construction drawings / packages for projects.
- Assist in the definition of project work scopes for engineering requirements, including package deliverable requirements.
- Concisely describing the project requirements by means of engineering sketches and verbal instructions to the design staff.
- Presenting this work to the design personnel in an organized form suitable for design by the available personnel.
- Coordinating and organizing work with other disciplines. Maintaining good working relationships between disciplines.
- Checking drawing packages for completeness and accuracy.
- Performing calculations required for their discipline. The ability to check calculations of other engineers for completeness, code compliance and accuracy.
- Equipment Specifications and Vendor interaction.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in a related technical field from an accredited university (copy of diploma required).
- Professional Engineer Intern. License Professional Registration preferred.
- 5 years minimum in industrial, offshore, petrochemical, chemical, or utility industries required.
- Knowledge of discipline design codes and other industry standard discipline related regulatory codes expected.
- AutoCAD knowledge with 2 years minimum experience preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Outlook or similar software with preference on spreadsheets, data base and word processing.
- Ability to walk up to one mile on industrial plant and construction sites outdoors at any time of the year.
- Ability to work in protective clothing which may elevate body temperatures by several degrees Fahrenheit for periods of up to 15 minutes without a break.
- Ability to use multi-level stair towers and rung ladders unassisted.
- Ability to hear safety alarms and signals while wearing hearing protection.
- Ability to sit at desk and operate computer for extended periods of time.
- Ability to stand, use hands and fingers, grip, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; and talk and hear.
- Ability to see with visual acuity and distinguish between colors.
- Ability to operate a motor vehicle and have a valid driver’s license.
- Ability to lift and carry 15 lbs. on a regular basis is required and at times lifting up to 25 lbs. may be required.