At American Reading Company, we create content, build tools, and provide training to help students become avid readers and learners. American Reading Company’s suite of digital products is critical to both student and teacher success.
Our digital products are developed and supported in-house. You will work closely with our customer support team, software developers, and other internal departments to ensure that all technical components of the system are functioning correctly, and that customers have a positive experience with our digital platforms.
We are looking for a new team member to streamline the daily technical operations of our digital products. The successful candidate will be responsible for various aspects of daily operation including light software investigation, performance management, system configuration, collaboration with internal teams, and troubleshooting a wide variety of technical issues.
Based in Blue Bell, PA, American Reading Company (ARC) is an educational services company serving over a quarter million students in 50 states, partnering with districts across the country since 1998 to foster independent reading and ensure academic success. ARC is a mission-driven company, providing language arts solutions, including the best, most diverse collections on the market in English and Spanish K-12. We are a high growth, triple bottom line (People, Planet, Profit), and 100% solar-powered organization.
- Must be confident using SQL for troubleshooting! You will be investigating and solving data discrepancies within a large and complex database
- Familiarity with navigating codebases to troubleshoot and resolve simple software errors
- Maintain system configuration and automation
- Respond to all upstream technical requests from our Customer Support Team
- Serve as the final point of resolution for escalated requests to ensure customer satisfaction
- Experience with a ticketing system (we use Jira) to track tasks and resolutions
- Experience creating both technical and user-facing documentation
- Proactive monitoring of our automated and recurring tasks and application performance, to help resolve errors before our customers even notice!
The ideal candidate will love troubleshooting and solving complex errors, hunting down and squashing bugs in our codebases, and enjoy a collaborative work atmosphere to support a top-tier customer experience. Must provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination(s) and booster(s).
- Excellent analytical and technical problem-solving skills
- Must enjoy investigating brand new issues, errors, and bugs and be confident enough to tackle and resolve them on your own
- Ability to troubleshoot technical issues in real time, and in a detailed and organized manner
- Intermediate proficiency in SQL (MySQL) for deep data dives
- Familiarity with Jira or other ticketing, task-driven management systems
- Communication skills – must be comfortable with both technical and non-technical individuals
- Entry-level software development experience to write basic code
- Experience with Qlik
- Microsoft Azure or Amazon Web Services
- Linux administration and shell scripting
- Any other skills, talents, or experiences that you may have that can help grow our diverse team!
Location & Longevity:
This is a full-time position and remote candidates are encouraged to apply. American Reading Company HQ is located in Blue Bell, PA.
Commensurate with experience.
Why You’ll Want to Join Our Team
- The opportunity to contribute in a meaningful way, in a rapidly growing, socially responsible company.
- A competitive salary and benefits such as 15 days PTO plus holidays including 2 week long office closures. 401K, and employer contribution to the cost of health insurance.
- Additional benefit options available, such as a Short & Long-Term Disability insurance, an Employee Assistance Program, and a children’s home library collection.
- We are an equal opportunity employer who greatly values our strength through diversity.
- We are a dog and family friendly environment.
- We are dedicated to our mission of every student in America reading on or above grade level.
- We are committed to business as a vehicle for social justice.
- No resumes will be considered without a cover letter.
- No third-party applications please.
- No phone calls please.