- No experience required
- Training provided
A commercial roofer is responsible for performing general work on commercial reroofs and/or roof applications for new commercial constructions. The applicant can participate in in our career advancement program which includes training to achieve the skills to become a Journeyman.
- Full time
- $18-25 +paid benefits
- Employee Health Insurance 100% paid by company
- Spouse/family Health Insurance 25% of premium paid by company
- Dental Insurance after 60 days
- Vison Insurance after 60 days
- 401K/Profit sharing
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Recertification of OSHA 10 hour course, Manlift, Forklift, and First Aid by company if needed
- Paid time off, amount negotiable depending on tenure and experience
- Paid training
- Install, repair, or replace a variety of roof system as instructed using specialty tools as necessary
- Install vapor barriers and or layers of insulation as well as full roof assemblies
- Complete any necessary demolition or tear off as needed
- Set up and take down work site, tools, and equipment as directed by supervisor
- Be available for overtime work
- 18 years of age or older
- Valid Driver’s License with no restriction
- Ability to pass pre-hire physical and pre-hire drug screening
- Basic ability to use hand tools specific to job duties.
- Carry out duties in varying outdoor climate conditions for extended periods of time.
- Comply with company drug and alcohol policy.
- Provide own transportation to job site whenever required.
- Mental alertness is required to ensure accurate completion of work activities
- Follow company policies and procedures and applicable State and Federal laws
- Ability to stand, walk, climb stairs, climb ladders, bend, stoop, twist, turn, and reach Frequently.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs without difficulty, and have the ability to maintain physical exertion over long periods of time.
- Must be comfortable working in job environment more than 6 feet off the ground.
- Present professional appearance by wearing company approved attire, and maintain professional conduct at all times
- Arrive at job site punctually and prepared to work on a daily basis.
- Be professional, respectful, and maintain composure with customers and co-workers
- Possess accurate oral and written communication skills
- Follow company policies and procedures, OSHA, and applicable State and Federal laws
- Ability to listen, follow instructions, and learn new tasks
- Fluent in English
- Bi-lingual English and Spanish beneficial
- Produce quality work on an ongoing basis
- Professional customer service at all times
- Proficient problem solver
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task
- Task-oriented and dependable
- Team oriented with ability to excel in a team environment
Upson Company is a locally owned and operated commercial roofing contractor, located in the Boise Valley since 1975 with a track record of financial stability and consistent year round work. Upson Company develops our workforce from within and offers apprentice training from laborer to lead man positions. We have been able to retain key employees whose tenure with the company for some is over 20 years. Throughout our history, the company has been able to thrive through both economic booms and economic down turns. For these reasons, we are looking for several qualified candidates to fill the role of Commercial Roofer.