Inscripta was founded in 2015 and recently launched the world's first benchtop Digital Genome Engineering platform. The company is growing aggressively, investing in its leadership, team, and technology with a recent $150mm financing round led by Fidelity and TRowe price. The company’s advanced CRISPR-based platform, consisting of an instrument, reagents, and software, offers a fully automated workflow that enables multiplexed, trackable editing of cells at an unprecedented scale. Inscripta’s mission is to enable scientists to realize the full potential of biology. Due to rapid growth and recent commercialization, Inscripta has an opening for a Systems Integration Research Associate located in Boulder, CO.
We are looking for an outstanding Research Associate to support and drive CRISPR-based DNA editing projects. This individual will innovate in areas of assay development, process optimization, and product automation. Essential aspects of this position include: following established protocols, troubleshooting, innovative solutions, design and execution of informative experiments, and superior data analysis. The right candidate will enthusiastically leverage their creativity, and research experience to build an industry-leading genetic-engineering platform in a highly innovative, team-oriented, fast-paced R&D environment.
- Provide scientific support in a technical team that is building a high-throughput genetic-engineering platform.
- Execute complex, highly multiplexed experiments.
- Perform microbiology and molecular biology techniques: culturing microorganisms, PCR, genetic-engineering, and robotic liquid handling.
- Conduct detailed data analysis and provide recommendations based on technical results.
- Maintain detailed experimental records.
- Present clear and concise written and oral communications to colleagues and supervisors.
- Direct experience with microbiology and molecular biology techniques such as: culturing microorganisms, PCR, qPCR, nucleic acid purification, and genome editing.
- Demonstrated record of innovation in molecular or cellular biology preferred.
- Experience converting prototype devices into fully automated modules and instruments.
- Familiarity with next generation sequencing, sequencing library preparation, and other genomic platforms.
- Desire to work in a team environment and collaborate closely with other cross-functional and geographically distributed teams.
- Ability to learn quickly in a fast-paced startup environment.
- BS in molecular biology, bioengineering, or a related discipline.
Inscripta offers a competitive base salary, bonus plan, benefits package, 401k match, and an attractive equity program to all team members. Starting Salary Range: $50,000 - $60,000 per year. This salary range is provided per current averages and expectations. The salary and job title for this opening will be based on the selected candidate's qualifications and experience and may be outside this range. Join us and work with a cutting edge organization creating cutting edge technology. At Inscripta, we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it, support it, and thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our innovation, and our community. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace because the more inclusive we are as a company, the better our work will be. Inscripta is headquartered in Boulder, CO with offices in Pleasanton and San Diego, CA. This position is located in our Boulder, CO office location but may require travel to our Pleasanton, CA office as needed.