Starting Pay: $21.50 per hour
Status: Seasonal Hourly (Non-exempt)
Food and Beverage employees at Arapahoe Basin are committed to creating a day worth repeating for our guests ensuring “Legendary” service and food quality throughout our Food and Beverage outlets.
As a Cook II at Arapahoe Basin you will work in our food court style restaurants and use basic preparation and cooking methods to create and serve food items to guests while providing excellent customer service.
This position is one step above our entry level and requires the knowledge and ability to handle higher business volume while working multiple kitchen stations or service “windows” in the food court each shift.
You will be responsible for opening, operating, continued cleanliness and closing of your assigned F&B station(s) on a daily basis.
At A-Basin, we look to be thoughtful, creative, and energetic and we are known not only for our A-mazing skiing/ riding but also for our A-mazing Food and Beverage options.
Apply now and come join our Food and Beverage team!
Benefits and Perks for this position include:
- Unlimited skiing/riding at Arapahoe basin and 20 other Colorado ski areas and resorts
- A free shift meal on each day working
- Free, transferrable A-Basin comp lift tickets earned for every 120 hours worked
- Health, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance for full-time employees beginning on the 1st of the month following date of hire
- 401(k) for eligible employees
- Paid time-off for all full-time employees
- Sick pay and bereavement pay for all employees
- End-of-season bonus for all employees
- Financial assistance and mental health resources through WorkLife Partnership
- Much more! Check out all of our perks and benefits here!
- Positively interact with and prepare food for guests in our food court style restaurants ensuring consistent, quality, food and excellent guest service.
- Perform “spot” checks on lower level cooks to ensure recipes and cleaning guidelines are being followed.
- Prepare F&B station(s) for your shift with regard to business volumes including preparation of backups, sanitizer bins, and general organization of the kitchen area.
- Prepare food items at assigned station according to recipes and A-Basin standards.
- Rotate and store food supplies according to food safety guidelines and manager's instruction to minimize waste.
- Clean and inspect kitchen equipment. Report any issues immediately to supervisor.
- Follow procedures to create a safe work environment for yourself and others.
- Maintain a professional appearance and attitude in the Kitchen.
- Be a team player and assist other team members to ensure the best overall quality in food and cleanliness in the kitchen.
- Assist with special event meals for staff and guests.
- A-Basin loves the environment! Help do our part with waste removal including landfill trash, recycling, and composting.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 2 months experience working in “quick service” or “station” style F&B operations.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task.
- Maintain consistency and quality of similar tasks throughout an 8-hour shift.
- Maintain awareness of your surroundings at all times.
- Ability to work efficiently without supervision when necessary.
- Use full range of body motion: bend, twist, kneel, push, pull and lift up to 75 lbs.
- Stand and walk for 8 hours.
- Able to walk up and down stairs throughout shift.
- Withstand high altitude conditions at all times.
- Must provide own, approved, non-slip footwear.
- Available to work weekends and holidays.
- You will work almost 100% of the time in a kitchen in a high-altitude environment. Some outside work in a cold and snowy environment is possible on any given day. Most work is performed in a highly trafficked area while working closely with other kitchen employees. Riding a chairlift may be required for certain work locations. Use of utensils such as knives, cooking devices such as fryers or cleaning tools such as mops, is frequent.