We make organic, delicious coconut milk-based treats and grass-fed dairy ice cream for dessert fans committed to self-love and the planet. We believe that ingredients straight from Mother Earth help us appreciate the blissful pleasure our natural world brings us. Something we’ll never take for granted. While our current food system continues down an unsustainable path, we have a pretty big appetite for change. Global equity, sustainable farming, and a lower footprint across the industry– it's what we serve with every single scoop. Hopefully, you’re hungry for this kind of thing too.
Cosmic Bliss is looking for an Associate to be the face of our Scoop Shops. They will create genuinely joyful experiences for every guest and team member they encounter. They will work within our guardrails to generate a warm experience while serving the most delicious, cold treats.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Contribute to an environment where we create Moments of Magic for our team & guests
- Scooping the highest quality ice cream and having product knowledge to make recommendations
- Work within guardrails to create and maintain a safe and sanitary food environment
- General cash handling and transaction tendering
- Provide stellar customer service in a fast-paced, high-volume environment
- Be genuine and idealistic, sharing considerations from the heart and willing to challenge the status quo to help everyone be better today than yesterday
- Respect safety and quality standards to create a consistently joyful experience for our customers
- Strive to always act for the greater good of our people, customers, community, and planet.
- 16 years or older
- Part Time – minimum of 16 hours of availability within our hours of operations with at least 1 weekend day available
- Can stand on their feet for extended periods of time and perform physically demanding tasks near others
- Can lift as much as 50 lbs. on occasion
- Have a Current Food Handlers card (You can acquire this after you receive a job offer)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be provided to the extent possible and appropriate in the event of ADA qualifying disability.
WHAT YOU WILL GET:
Cosmic Bliss pays fair and living wages for all positions and provides excellent benefits and several perks including all the Cosmic Bliss you can eat! We also have an amazing team that like to work hard and play often together, and a wonderful work environment.
If you have a passion for organic food and sustainability, if you are excited to work with a growing company that values integrity, people + planet, excellence, transparency, and joy, and if you want to change the world for the better, we welcome you to apply.
Location: Portland, OR
Timeline: Open until filled. All candidates will be notified once we have made a hiring decision.
***If you are unable to complete this application due to a disability, contact Jobs@CosmicBliss.com to ask for an accommodation or an alternative application process.***
Cosmic Bliss is an equal-opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Please note that this job is not available for remote work from Colorado.