Local Roots is dedicated to making Pittsburgh more beautiful from the outside in. We pride ourselves in providing only the best quality work and expect the Landscape Maintenance Foreman to take the same pride and ownership in the jobs they oversee. This position requires interaction with others from different backgrounds, experience levels, and work ethics. It is expected that the Landscape Maintenance Foreman leads their team in demonstrating kindness, respect, and professionalism, especially with those who do not reciprocate.
This position will be able to create things they never thought possible while using state of the art equipment and technology. If you have never been able to take pride in your work, that is about to change!
As a professional at Local Roots, responsibility and trustworthiness are central to maintain a healthy working climate. The Foreman should maintain a positive and respectful relationship with the customer, with their crew, and with the management team.
The Landscape Maintenance Foreman will be responsible for working with 1-2 crew members, and equipment operation as well as ensuring that all assigned projects are well-maintained and well executed. Typical assigned jobs will include high end commercial and residential grounds maintenance, mowing, pruning, gardening, weed control, fertilization, planting, mulching, etc.
- Demonstrate good character and have a longing to succeed in life
- Being open to growth and challenging yourself
- Wanting to see others succeed in life
- Respectful to yourself and to others
- Good Family Values and Respect
- Able to work approximately 40-50 hours per week
- Time management and problem solving skills
- Reliability and timeliness
- Working as a part of a team/Good team player
- Problem Solving and Teamwork
- Current and valid PA Driver’s license
- Competence in driving a commercial truck
- Ability to lift 50lbs or more
$20-30/hr starting pay.
Full Employee Benefits (Healthcare, Dental/Vision, ST & LT Disability, Life Insurance, Accident. etc.)
401K retirement plan with a company match
6 paid holidays
The physical demands of this job require constantly moving, walking, stooping, kneeling, crouching or crawling, and frequently operating machinery. This job requires working outdoors in all types of weather conditions and exposure to the elements. This may include heavy to moderate noise and exposure to tools and machines used in outdoor construction.