Pine Tree Society is seeking to add a team member to our American Sign Language (ASL) Interpreting Services department.
Do you have a background in scheduling, business services, billing, customer service, and enjoy teamwork, and building great rapport with a wide range of clients and colleagues? Please read on to determine if joining our team might be your next best career move!
The ASL Interpreter Service Scheduler position is accountable for scheduling, billing, and special projects within the Interpreting Services Team. Ensuring that requests for American Sign Language (ASL) Interpreters are acknowledged and scheduled promptly is essential and important to this role and to our overall mission.
The ideal candidate for this position will exercise good judgment in a variety of situations, use superb communication, administrative, and organizational skills, and possess the ability to balance multiple competing priorities. This position develops and maintains relationships with customers and interpreters, including representatives of social service agencies, businesses, hospitals, schools and others requiring interpreting services, which may also involve local, state and federal agencies and funding sources. This position requires professionalism, flexibility, initiative and great teamwork.
Some key responsibilities a new team member can anticipate:
· Answers phone calls and emails requesting interpreter services; creating and scheduling assignments in the scheduling software; relaying information to staff and contract interpreters regarding scheduling changes; communication with interpreters; filing; faxing; and special projects as assigned.
· Satisfies consumer needs via the intake of requests, entering requests into the computer system and matching requests with the appropriate interpreter and contacting requesters.
· Completes scheduling duties while adhering to policies and procedures regarding billing, scheduling and interaction with contract interpreters and requesters.
· Supports efforts to provide timely, efficient responses to requests for interpreters by accurately entering data into the computerized scheduling system within established timeframes.
· Maintains professional communication with requesters.
· When taking requests, gathers supplemental information, provides confirmations, and information about billing procedures.
· Coordinates activities with contract interpreters and serves as an on-going resource to staff.
· Supports the process of filling requests by relaying job information to interpreters via phone, video phone, email, and fax.
· Ensures continuity of service by taking regular rotation in the on-call schedule to provide scheduler coverage (typically one day/week and one weekend/month). On-call responsibilities include responding to urgent and emergency interpreter needs outside of normal business hours.
· Uses the video phone to initiate and to respond to calls with requestors and consumers.
· Assumes responsibility for maintenance of video phone.
Qualifications; knowledge, skills and abilities:
· Ability to manage multiple priorities and organize time effectively with flexibility and ingenuity.
· Proficient Microsoft Office skills.
· General office equipment/technology experience such as multi-line phone system, video phone, TTY, copier, fax, pager, etc.
· Possession of valid driver’s license with a clear driving record, have a reliable vehicle with at least the state minimum automobile insurance coverage
· Must pass all required background checks including, but not limited to: motor vehicle, criminal, Adult Protective Services, Child Protective Services, US DHHS Fraud Prevention and Protection (OIG) and MaineCare background checks.
· rotating on-call schedule, typically including one weekend/month.
· Associate’s degree preferred.
· Two years of scheduling experience preferred.
· Supervision/team leading experience a plus.