Job Title: STARS Program Coordinator
Reports to: STARS Program Manager
Date Reviewed: Nov. 2017
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
Budget Responsibilities: None
Location: Virtual - Continental US. Preference will be given to applicants located in the following states: Florida, Kentucky, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, and Virginia.
Compensation and Benefits: Salary range for this position is: $40,000-$45,000. AASHE offers competitive pay and a generous benefits package including but not limited to: health, dental and vision insurance, short-term and long-term disability insurance, life insurance, 401(k), paid vacation and sick time.
Applications: Review of applications will begin January 8, 2018. Position will be open until filled.
This position advances the Sustainability Tracking, Assessment & Rating System (STARS) program through participant support and outreach.
- Provides participant support related to the interpretation of STARS content and use of the STARS website and reporting tool
- Reviews STARS reports for accuracy and works with program participants to make necessary revisions
- Assists in the creation of tools and resources to help STARS participants and contributes to STARS-related communication materials
- Works with AASHE’s Membership & Marketing Team on STARS-focused outreach and marketing campaigns
- Supports the development of STARS technical content in accordance with the STARS Technical Development Policy
- Assists in the delivery of professional development and training related to STARS
- Assists in the preparation of materials for and documentation of STARS Steering Committee meetings
- Demonstrates a commitment to diversity in the workplace
- Performs other duties as assigned
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required
- Minimum of 3 years of work experience, preferably in the sustainability field
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Strong writing and editing skills
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision
- Strong internet researching skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Collaborative attitude and strong interpersonal communication skills
- Experience with working in teams and facilitating groups
- Working knowledge of Google Apps and Microsoft Office
- Experience working with diverse populations
- Commitment to advancing sustainability in higher education
- Familiarity with STARS
Occasional travel is required for this job, including the annual conference for up to 7 days at a time. Travel expenses are paid for or reimbursed by AASHE.