About LiveTrends Design Group
LiveTrends Design Group (LTDG) is the leading design company within the global home décor industry. At LiveTrends we deliver inspiration and joy to over 10 million homes a year by combining two timeless forces, Nature and Art, into unforgettable home decor. Through constant innovation, creativity, and exceptional design we provide retail market leaders across North America and Europe with products and services that are changing the industry. All three of LTDG brands (LiveTrends, Urban Jungle, BeYou) are currently available at retailers such as Lowe’s, Kroger, Target, Costco, Trader Joe’s, Wegmans, and many more.
Grower Intern: Job Description
LiveTrends is currently searching for a highly energetic, motivated, and creative individual to fill the role of Grower Intern. In this internship, you’ll be immersed into LiveTrends culture under the mentorship of cutting-edge horticulture, design, and operations professionals.
As a Grower Intern at LiveTrends, your responsibilities may include:
- Working with the growing team on development, execution, data collection, and presentation of trials across several plant varieties.
- Documenting growing protocols and specification sheets to ensure quality control and standardization.
- Gaining exposure to the day-to-day operations by assisting the growing, sourcing, and R&D teams with the following tasks:
o Inspection and documentation of incoming young plants
o Inspection and documentation of outgoing finished plants
o Scouting for pests and diseases
o Monitoring moisture management
o Tracking crop finish weeks
o Working with grower plant maintenance crew daily
Requirements and Qualifications:
- A rising junior or senior pursing degree in Plant Science, Horticulture, or relevant field.
- 3.0 GPA
- Ability to commit to 10-12 week period at 40 hours/week in Orlando, FL area.
- An innovative, problem-solving mindset.
- Ability to listen, effectively take direction, and learn on the job.
- Ability to communicate clearly.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Willing to take initiative, work under pressure and navigate tight deadlines.
- Ability to withstand Florida summer environment (heat).
- An appreciation for the Florida sun and tropical houseplants!
- Competitive pay structure
- Matching 401k
- Local Candidates Only
LiveTrends is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit-based factors, or any other protected categories protected by federal, state, or local laws.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
LiveTrends does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or any other vendor services. Any unsolicited resumes will be considered property of LiveTrends and no fee will be paid in the event of a hire.
Disclaimer: We do not advertise, recruit nor hire via Google Hangout. We do not request confidential information via email.