Are you compassionate, personable, and have an ability to work with a diverse team? Do you want to work for an organization that supports and encourages your personal growth? Do you have a passion for helping people? If you have answered yes to these questions, we would love to speak to you.
AIM Services, Inc. is dedicated to supporting the “power of potential” in people of diverse abilities. Through community-based services, advocacy, and education, dedicated professionals support people in achieving their personal goals, while promoting self-confidence and independence.
As a Direct Support Professional (DSP) you play an integral part in helping us with our mission. By developing meaningful connections, you will be able to assist people in reaching their maximum level of independence and potential.
What we offer:
- Flexible Schedules
- A diverse and inclusive team that will support and appreciate you.
- Excellent Benefits that include medical, dental, wellness and 403B Retirement
- Paid Time off (40 hours after 90 days and 160 hours after your first year for Full-Time Employees).
- Employee Assistance Program
- Weekend and Overnight Differentials.
- Career Advancement Opportunities
- Company Paid Training
- Opportunities to earn more based on experience.
- High School Diploma/GED preferred; background experience may be considered in lieu of education.
- CPR/First Aid Certification (training provided)
- AMAP Certification (training provided)
- SCIP Certification (training provided)
- Program specific training (provided)
- Valid NYS Drivers License acceptable to Agency Insurance standards/depending on program needs. Maintain valid insurance and provide insurance card if using your own vehicle.
- Ability to exhibit/maintain a professional, kind, courteous and patient manner at all times
Physical / Cognitive Requirements:
- Lifting/transferring – individuals/items of various weights – must be able to lift a minimum of 50 pounds.
- Ability to perform SCIP techniques and maintain certification at all times
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Reading / Math skills at a level to perform job duties (read-implement physician orders, give medications as ordered, prepare recipes, read program documentation, etc.)
- Demonstrated interest and ability to make possible the personal outcomes of individuals receiving services
- Exposure/ability to safely use household chemicals
- Adherence to Agency policies, including Attendance Policy
Responsible to: Residential Managers/Designee