The Shipping and Receiving Associate works in partnership with a small team in NK’s warehouse facility located in Boothwyn, PA and is responsible for overseeing all incoming and outgoing products, materials, items, and/or merchandise. Reporting to the Facilities Manager, the Shipping and Receiving Associate is responsible for keeping accurate and up-to-date records for all items entering the warehouse. The ideal candidate will have shipping experience within a warehouse environment and is comfortable managing multiple computer applications and systems simultaneously.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with team to unload incoming container shipments.
- Pick and Pack Amazon stocking shipments.
- Apply labels to boxes and prepare shipment manifests.
- Reconcile inventory on a daily basis.
- Utilize Sage, NK’s inventory management software system.
- Enter transactions into inventory ERP system.
- Kit and Assemble products.
- Utilize engraving machine for product.
- Relocate inventory with the use of equipment, such as a pallet jack and/or forklift, drive inventory between manufacturing facility and warehouse using box truck as necessary.
- Regularly communicate with management regarding the status of shipments and any discrepancies.
- Maintain a clean and organized work area.
- Perform other job-related duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Personal Qualities for Success
- Priority for success in this job will be a willingness and ability to learn new things. A successful team member will be self-motivated, take initiative, ask questions, research independently, and retain new information.
- Can follow written and verbal instruction carefully and consistently.
- Ability to work independently with some management oversight.
- Ability to work collaboratively and well with others in a high paced, busy environment.
- Comfortable performing repetitive tasks carefully and consistently.
- Dependable and reliable attendance and arrives to the warehouse on time as scheduled.
- Excellent time-management skills, prioritization, and ability to bring tasks to completion.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- 2 years of shipping and warehouse experience required.
- Experience with computer applications including MS Outlook, Work, Excel and inventory management and/or order processing software experience, Sage preferred.
- Knowledge and experience with warehouse equipment including pallet jack and or forklift preferred. Box truck driving experience a plus.
This position does not have any direct supervisory responsibilities but may be tasked with leading team to accomplish tasks.
Work Environment and Physical Demands
Climate-controlled indoor warehouse. May be required to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, climb or balance. Must be able to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Work Location & Hours
This position will be primarily in NK’s warehouse facility located in Boothwyn, PA. M-F, 8:00am-5:00pm schedule.
Most training is on-the-job but formal education and training may be provided where appropriate.
$16.00 - $20.00 per hour. Pay rate commensurate with qualifications and experience as well as company size. Annual bonus based on company and individual performance ranges averages 2% to 4% of compensation.
- Fully paid employee benefits include medical, dental, short- & long-term disability and basic life/AD&D insurance.
- Voluntary contributory benefits include family medical, vision, supplemental life insurance for self, spouse and children, critical care insurance, FSA dependent care and pet insurance.
- HSA with employer contribution.
- Paid maternity/paternity leave.
- 401k with employer match up to 5% beginning at eligibility date.
- 8 paid holidays, one floating holiday and 80 hours of PTO, plus 40 hours of sick/personal PTO.
- All benefits are subject to a benefit waiting period of 60 to 90 days.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance
Must be eligible to work in the US without sponsorship. Security clearance is not required.
Equal Opportunity Employer – At Will Employment
NK is an equal opportunity employer. NK conducts all employment-related activities in full compliance with all applicable Federal and State laws and without regard to an individual’s age, color, gender, disability, marital status, national origin, citizenship, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or other legally protected category. No person will be discriminated against in hiring or in any other aspect of their employment including training, transfer, promotion, compensation, benefits, and all other aspects of employment. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position. This is at-will employment.
Nielsen-Kellerman is the parent company for eight brands focused on helping people succeed in their profession or passion by providing mission-critical measurements, information, insight, and guidance whenever and wherever needed. Ambient Weather, Kestrel Weather, KestrelMet, RainWise, Kestrel Ballistics, MagnetoSpeed, Blue Ocean Megaphones and NK Sports are each recognized as the preeminent products for their applications from meteorology to military, firefighting to farming and rowing to research. Our products ARE us - we design them, build them, sell them, and passionately stand behind them.
NK has been in business for over four decades and is still growing stronger. Working here offers excellent opportunities for personal and professional development as well as the fun and satisfaction of being part of a successful American business. NK is a Lean enterprise committed to American manufacturing and continuous improvement of our design, production, administrative and sales processes.
NK's home office is located in Boothwyn, PA, about 30 minutes southwest of Philadelphia and our Ambient Weather brand operates primarily from Chandler, AZ in the Phoenix suburbs. NK's work environment is informal and high-energy, and our employees' quality of life is important to us. NK is proud to have been named a Philly Top Workplace eight out of the last ten years.