The head coach is responsible for the implementation of a competitive sport program including coaching, recruiting, and retention of student athletes. Recommends the hiring of assistant coaches and provides supervision to assistant coaches and related staff.
The coach is responsible for the implementation and compliance of all college, USCAA and NAIA or other sport affiliation policies governing athletics. Reports directly to the Athletic Director.
Essential Job Responsibilities
1) Responsible for the coordination and supervision of all team practices, contests, and off-season programs.
2) Recruits student-athletes according to Admission Office procedures.
3) Prepares game schedules and is responsible for coordinating travel and meal arrangements.
4) Responsible for the operation of the program within budget parameters and submits annual
budget requests to the athletic director.
5) Cooperates with other staff to ensure that the student-athlete is provided with services to
succeed academically and personally.
6) Participates in activities that promote the development of the student-athlete and the sport
in the local and campus community.
7) Complete other tasks and duties as assigned by the athletic director and participates in
college functions when appropriate.
• Bachelor’s degree preferred from accredited college or university
• Previous coaching experience and substantial knowledge of sport fundamentals.
• Knowledge of United States Collegiate Athletic Association and National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics regulations or
separate sport affiliation.
• Demonstrated abilities to work effectively in a small college setting and ability to balance student-athlete needs within a
student development prospective.