U.S. Soccer Overview
We are U.S. Soccer and we are the future of sport in the United States. Our mission is to make soccer the preeminent sport in the United States. We embrace diversity, technology and global connections to drive the growth of our sport and serve our athletes and fans. We seek motivated, passionate, skilled people who can think, create and work on a team.
U.S. Soccer is a growing company that looks for team members to grow with it. U.S. Soccer offers a comprehensive compensation package, casual work environment, an inclusive culture and an atmosphere for professional development.
The Federation’s core principles set organization-wide standards to identify and foster our culture and inform how we interact and hold each other accountable. These principles guide U.S. Soccer: We Win Together. We Aim High. We Champion Diversity, Equity & Inclusion. To be successful as a USSF employee, it is critical to demonstrate and live up to these principles every day and with every interaction with peers, stakeholders, and partners.
The Federation’s core values are the individual attributes and characteristics that staff embody to uphold the organization’s principles and succeed. These values guide our employees: Integrity. Commitment. Teamwork. Respect.
U.S. Soccer is seeking a Presentation Designer to join our industry-leading team. This role will help drive the growth of soccer in the United States and elevate the vision for the new home of U.S. Soccer. We are looking for a creative talent to join our team to integrate brand partners into U.S. Soccer’s new dedicated National Training Center.
This individual will collaborate, inspire, and build best-in-class presentations and marketing materials by using dynamic visuals, while upholding brand standards. Responsibilities will focus on visual storytelling through powerful and engaging prospective National Training Center brand partner pitch presentations, while working alongside the Partnership Development and Partnership Marketing teams to assist in additional U.S. Soccer creative needs. We are looking for someone skilled in visual design, and art direction. The team member must have an innate sense of brand, knowledge of consumer marketing, and fit within a collaborative work environment that encourages ideas and contributions from all team members. The individual must be creative, highly organized, and able to work efficiently on multiple projects to meet deadlines.
This position reports to the Director, Partnership Development for the National Training Center.
This individual will be a key contributor to the Partnerships team holistically and will be charged to:
- Manage the design process of partnership presentations, sales materials, and renderings for U.S. Soccer’s National Training Center.
- Collaborate with Partnership Development, Partnership Marketing, and Brand Development teams to create bespoke, visually stunning, and engaging new business / upsell proposals and platforms.
- Interpret brand briefs to develop a deep understanding of a brand prospect’s and/or partner’s DNA and design presentations to reflect brand synergies and positioning.
- Enhance renderings for prospects and partners of new proposed assets, spaces, and signage specific to the National Training Center.
- Work closely with the Partnership Strategy team to brainstorm and convey partnership opportunities in an organized and creative manner.
- Manage workflow and timelines of projects and communicate efficiently with internal teams.
- Communicate brand partner objectives in conjunction with the U.S. Soccer narrative and go-to-market strategy.
- Brainstorm and develop new ideas as well as partner growth concepts relative to awareness, space entitlements, traffic driving, interactive and digital campaigns, community programs, and hospitality.
- Transform insights and data to into easily digestible designs.
- All other duties as assigned by the team.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field of expertise
- Proficiency in Photoshop, PowerPoint, and Keynote
- 3+ years of experience in partnerships and/or marketing
- Able and willing to work non-traditional hours including evenings, weekends & holidays
- Able and willing to travel up to 10% of the time to all domestic U.S. Soccer controlled matches
- Able and willing to lift and move items weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Pro-active and curious with a bias for action to maximize partner value
- Proven project management skills are required. Must be able to think strategically and handle multiple projects.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in Illustrator, InDesign, Premiere and AfterEffects
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and as a part of a multidisciplinary team
- A background in, and passion for, soccer, sports and entertainment is preferred
- Experience in sports marketing
- Desire to be part of a team
- ”Student of the Game” mentality and desire for continual growth
- Accountable for actions/decisions and does not make excuses
- Multi-lingual a plus
U.S. Soccer is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion, and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind on the basis of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, citizenship, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, genetic information, military status, political belief, or any other characteristic protected under the law. This policy applies to all our employment practices within our organization.
We strongly encourage women, people of color, LGBTQIA, veterans, parents, and persons with disabilities to apply.