Project Start Date: April 2, 2024
Project End Date: May 25, 2024
Project Work Schedule: Monday – Thursday, 4:30-7:30pm; Saturday, 11:30am-2:30pm
Professional Development Schedule: Friday April 19, Friday May 3, Friday May 17, 4-6pm
Project Orientation: April 2, April 3, April 4, 4-8pm
Project Orientation Site: ArtWorks Office, 2460 Gilbert Ave. Cincinnati, OH 45206
Work Site: Price Hill Recreation Center, 959 Hawthorne Avenue, Cincinnati, OH 45205
The Cincinnati Recreation Commission has partnered with ArtWorks to produce one exterior mural on the outside of the Price Hill CRC that will illustrate positivity and pride and will honor the rich heritage of the Price Hill community. This mural will celebrate and resonate with Price Hill’s multi-cultural community, and the design will incorporate imagery that speaks directly to the special landmarks in the neighborhood. With bright colors and an overall eye-catching design, the mural will excite and inspire both CRC guests and viewers from Hawthorne Avenue. ArtWorks is proud to again partner with the Cincinnati Recreation Commission to bring unique artwork to the Centers that serve and support the Cincinnati community all year round.
ArtWorks is an award-winning Greater Cincinnati nonprofit that creates community based public art and provides career opportunities for artists of all ages. ArtWorks collaborates with community organizations and residents, businesses, governments, foundations and nonprofits to build creative works of art that bolster the region’s global reputation as an arts destination. ArtWorks employs professional artists who inspire and mentor diverse teams of youth, ages 14-21, helping them build 21st century career-readiness skills. These teams have completed more than 14,000 public and private art projects in its 27 years, including more than 300 permanent outdoor murals.
- Must be at least 14 years old and no older than 21 years by the project start date.
The successful candidate will be
- A team-player, hard-working and an independent achiever with a “can do” attitude, must be comfortable in a fast-paced environment.
- Inquisitive and imaginative.
- Ready and willing to learn from and work with professional artists.
How to Apply
- You will be asked to upload several documents in the application portal. Please review the items below and take time to prepare in advance of starting your application. Note that you will need to upload using the additional materials button as a dox or pdf file no larger than 4 mb.
Items needed in your application
- Art Samples (3 pieces) (Download PDF directions )
- Resume (optional) (Visit this website for help with creating a resume)
March 3, 2024
ArtWorks is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are strongly committed to building and retaining a diverse staff that creates an inclusive workplace which harnesses each voice to collectively advance ArtWorks’ mission.