Vydia is an end-to-end music technology platform and services company that provides labels with the infrastructure and tools to power their business. The company’s innovative solutions in rights management, automated royalty accounting, advanced payments, and daily performance analytics provide leaders in music and culture with the unfettered ability to publish, distribute, and monetize their audio-visual content on a global scale. Vydia is a wholly-owned division of gamma., the artist-first multimedia platform providing creative and business services across all artistic and commercial formats founded by CEO Larry Jackson and President Ike Youssef. To learn more, please visit vydia.com
As the Director of DevOps at Vydia, you will be responsible for taking ownership of our DevOps practices, shaping our infrastructure strategy, and building a high-performing DevOps team. This is a hands-on leadership position that will play a pivotal role in ensuring the reliability, scalability, efficiency, and security of our infrastructure.
- DevOps Strategy: Develop and execute a comprehensive DevOps strategy that aligns with Vydia's business goals and supports the continuous delivery of high-quality software.
- Team Building: Build and lead a skilled DevOps team, combining in-house hires and outsourced resources, fostering collaboration, and ensuring the efficient operation of our infrastructure.
- Infrastructure Management: Take ownership of our infrastructure, including cloud environments (e.g., AWS, GCP, Azure), servers, networks, and deployment pipelines.
- Automation: Implement automation practices and tools for provisioning, configuration management, and deployment to improve efficiency and reduce manual processes.
- Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment (CI/CD): Oversee the design and implementation of CI/CD pipelines, enabling seamless and reliable software releases.
- Monitoring and Alerting: Establish robust monitoring and alerting systems to proactively identify and resolve issues, ensuring system availability and performance.
- Security: Identify security best practices, work with vendors to assess and remediate vulnerabilities, and ensure the integrity and confidentiality of our systems and data.
- Cost Optimization: Manage cloud resources cost-effectively by implementing cost optimization strategies.
- Vendor Management: Manage relationships with third-party vendors and outsourced teams to ensure the timely delivery of DevOps services.
- Documentation: Maintain clear and up-to-date documentation of infrastructure configurations, processes, and procedures.
- Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity: Develop and maintain disaster recovery and business continuity plans.
- Experience: 5+ years of experience in DevOps, with a proven track record of leadership and hands-on experience in managing complex infrastructure.
- Technical Skills: Proficiency in cloud platforms (e.g., AWS, GCP, Azure), containerization (e.g., Docker, Kubernetes), automation tools (e.g., Ansible, Terraform), CI/CD pipelines, and scripting languages (e.g., Bash, Python).
- Team Leadership: Strong leadership and team-building skills, with the ability to manage both in-house and outsourced teams effectively.
- Problem-Solving: Excellent problem-solving skills with the ability to troubleshoot and resolve complex technical issues.
- Communication: Strong communication skills to effectively collaborate with cross-functional teams and stakeholders.
- Continuous Learning: A commitment to staying updated with industry trends and emerging technologies.
- Project Management: Experience in project management and the ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
Nice to Haves:
- DevOps certifications (e.g., AWS Certified DevOps Engineer, Certified Kubernetes Administrator, Certified Jenkins Engineer).
- Experience with DevOps in a regulated industry (e.g., healthcare, finance).
The Vydia Development Experience:
Join an environment where there is an emphasis on individual growth, experimentation, and ownership. You’ll find a team that is focused on creating a great experience for our clients, partners, and coworkers alike. From technical education to career growth, you will be given the resources needed to excel.
Reasons to work with us:
- Vydia is certified as a Great Place to Work™ company and has been named Best Place to Work in NJ by NJBIZ 5x (2023 most recent) due to its collaborative, fast-paced, fun, thriving environment. Additionally, Vydia has been named a 2023 Fortune Best Workplaces in New York.
- Vydia was honored with the 2023 TechUnited Catalyst of Technology Award for our cutting-edge technology and scalable platform that provides global music entrepreneurs and their labels the ability to stay independent. Vydia was also named the 2022 winner of the NJBIZ Business Of The Year award (51-100 employees) which recognizes the state’s most dynamic businesses and business leaders who share a commitment to professional excellence, business growth, and the community.
- Major growth opportunities alongside the growth of the company; Vydia has been identified as an Inc 500 Fastest Growing Company in America and by Entrepreneur Magazine as one of the most Entrepreneurial companies in America
- Join a mission-based culture that enjoys giving back to the community through a variety of initiatives that are meaningful to our team members
- Full medical/dental/vision package, 401k retirement with employer matching, and financial wellness plans
- We invest in your growth and development, providing a professional development stipend for continued education and mentorship to support your career goals
- Hybrid flexibility to work from home (depending on role)
- Generous vacation policy including paid maternity/paternity leave
- Vydia provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees and strictly prohibits any type of harassment or discrimination in regard to race, religion, age, color, sex, disability status, national origin, genetics, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, gender expression, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, and/or local laws.
- Consistent with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), it is the policy of Vydia to provide reasonable accommodation when requested by a qualified applicant or employee with a disability, unless such accommodation would cause an undue hardship. The policy regarding requests for reasonable accommodation applies to all aspects of employment, including the application process. If reasonable accommodation is needed, please contact HR@Vydia.com
- Your employment with Vydia is on an at-will basis, meaning either you or the Company can terminate the employment relationship, at any time, for any or no reason, and with or without cause or notice. As an at-will employee, your employment with Vydia is not guaranteed for any length of time.