Reports To: Digital Director, Independent Expenditure
About the DCCC:
The Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee (DCCC) is the official national Democratic campaign committee charged with electing Democrats to the U.S. House of Representatives. The DCCC recruits Democratic candidates and supports Democratic campaigns – both challengers and Democratic incumbent Members – with a variety of services including field operations, fundraising support, communications assistance, research support and management consulting. In addition, the DCCC’s Independent Expenditure supports these campaigns with television, radio and other voter contact efforts. The DCCC is supported by the contributions of individuals and organizations, along with Democratic Members, from throughout the country. We look for talented and hard-working campaign professionals who are committed to electing more Democrats and protecting the House majority.
The Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee is hiring a Deputy Digital Director for the Committee’s Independent Expenditure Unit (IE). The Deputy will lead a team of Digital Desks and Digital Strategists by working closely with the Digital Director to establish priorities and ensure alignment with overall digital strategies. Develop and maintain quality control procedures for direct and programmatic campaign implementations, and train strategists on campaign set-up for any in-house buying on our DSP. Help develop Digital Strategy and precision marketing efforts for the IE to deliver the right message to the right target audience at the right time. Has project management experience running effective paid digital programs, and managerial experience. Reports to the Digital Director.
• Works with the Director to create and manage the digital roadmap and prepares preliminary implementation plans for long-range strategies and short-range project-based initiatives.
• Direct and manage the daily workflow of digital campaigns, including proposal development, campaign activation and maintenance, and post-buy recaps.
• Understand and effectively communicate digital value proposition, technology, and processes as related to the growth of current and prospective accounts.
• Participate in regular knowledge sharing sessions to share new strategies for optimizing and enhancing campaign performance.
• Special Projects: Takes on special projects as needed, ranging from establishing guidelines, project management, strategic planning and ad operations.
• Assist in training, mentoring, and developing team members.
• Embrace and encourage a culture based on teamwork, collaboration, and intellectual curiosity.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
• 3+ years of experience in digital paid media and/or ad operations
• Well-honed communication skills with senior audiences, ability to communicate effectively across all levels of the organization from media partners to senior leadership
• A robust knowledge of digital paid media strategy and investment principles/techniques.
• Highly analytical mindset with a deep understanding of multi-funnel campaign planning and measurement.
• A passion for Democratic causes and candidates.
• MS Excel, MS PowerPoint
• Experience communicating with diverse groups, working with a multicultural workforce, and bringing a sensitivity and appreciation of cultural differences.
Preferred Skills & Qualifications:
• MBA or graduate degree
• Previous experience in political campaigns or political organization groups, such as PACs/c4s or nonprofit.
• Technical proficiency
Equal Opportunity/Diversity Policy:
The DCCC prohibits discrimination of employment, promotion, compensation, terms, conditions, or privileges of employment on the basis of gender, disability, race, age, national origin, color, creed, sexual orientation, sex (including marital and parental status), gender identity and expression, religion, economic status, ethnic identity, veteran's status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. This policy covers all programs, services, policies, and procedures of the DCCC, including opportunity for employment and treatment as a DCCC employee. The DCCC is an equal opportunity employer and will comply with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination in employment.
DCCC's equal opportunity policy covers all programs, services, policies, and procedures of the DCCC, including opportunity for employment and treatment as a DCCC employee, as well as opportunities for Consultants to contract with the DCCC.
The DCCC is committed to building a staff that reflects the diverse communities that makeup our country and the Democratic Party. Working towards the goal of a diverse DCCC, our policy extends to both Staff and Consultants.