Phoenix Industrial, Inc.
Vancouver WA 98661
Since its inception in 2001, Phoenix Industrial, Inc. has been providing superior construction services to a wide range of industrial customers. We excel operating as an industrial general contractor. Every project we undertake demands and receives our best effort. It is an attitude we nurture and maintain, and an attitude that attracts the best people in the industry to join our team. Excellence attracts excellence, and Phoenix Industrial, Inc. has risen by our collective commitment to quality. We are now a self-performing company capable of bonding projects to $100 million, but we have never risen far from our roots. We still serve the same clients that helped us at the start. Phoenix Industrial Inc. brings a solid reputation for performance in construction and an outstanding safety culture. We are pleased to be among the top in our industry for safety and this gives us the upper-hand when working on large and complex projects throughout the United States.
Phoenix Industrial provides industrial contacting services (Power Generation, Manufacturing, Petrochemical, Food and Beverage, Quarries, Pulp and Paper & Private Industries) to clients throughout the country with projects in Oregon, Washington, Arizona, California and Nevada.
Phoenix Industrial has a need for Site Safety Supervisor with Industrial experience for our heavy industrial projects with Nevada and California. Please apply on the company website at www.PHXIND.com or by clicking "Apply."
Site Safety Supervisor (Western US)
Our safety team has an immediate opening for a Construction Site Safety and Health Professional. We offer a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits, and a professional work environment with room for growth.
Serves as the on-site safety and health professional responsible for application of construction standards and regulations, provides support in accident prevention to include, inspecting job site, equipment, onsite training, investigating and authoring incident reports, and providing information on safety standards and work techniques.
• Control hazardous working conditions and unsafe employee activities through interface with project management, corporate health and safety and field supervisory personnel.
• Work with supervision to ensure uniform application of safety requirements.
• Carry out safety education activities, promoting safety awareness, conducting daily and weekly Toolbox Talks; providing site specific training courses.
• Conduct regular field safety audits and interface with customer safety department. Up to 80% of work day is observation of work crews through job site walks and inspections.
• Update OSHA 300 and first aid logs and summaries.
• Manage and enforce subcontractor and vendor safety programs.
• Provide regulatory interpretations and advice about compliance with safety and health laws, codes, regulations and standards.
• Manage compliance with Industrial hygiene requirements.
• Assist Safety Manager and Project Managers in development and implementation of site safety plans and enhancements to safety and health policies, procedures and standards.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor degree in construction or safety related field and 5 or more years experience in construction with at least 5 years experience specifically in construction safety.
Possess professional qualifications and knowledge of fall protections systems, electrical safety, permit-required confined spaces, excavation trenching and shoring, scaffolding, hazard communication, accident investigation and reporting.
Must be able to pass drug screen.
Candidates may have OSHA 510 or 511 and MSHA 48 Certifications. EMT training is a plus but not required.
Regular travel throughout the western US is required