Living Proof is looking for an experienced manager to join our supply chain team. The successful incumbent will oversee and manage the operational elements of innovation projects and serve as liaison between Living Proof and its 3PM network, to ensure high product quality is delivered on time, in full, at optimum cost. The role includes two primary areas of responsibility: Product Innovation/Renovation Management and execution of Supply Planning.
- Product Innovation Manager:
You will collaborate directly with Marketing, R+D, Sales, Finance, and the procurement team to lead new product launches and relaunches while establishing supply chain best practices/ processes. Responsible for ensuring an on time in full launch into the marketplace. To be successful in the role, the incumbent must be able to quickly form strong team coalitions, and efficiently lead cross-functional team members through the operational complexities of programs. This includes ensuring up-front alignment on project objectives, as well as the ability to anticipate risk and avert pinch points and conflicts that may threaten timely project delivery.
You will own the day-to-day relationship between Living Proof and its contract manufacturers ensuring that Finished Good PO are delivered on time and in full by our 3PM network. Responsible for supplier S&OP inputs. To be successful in this role the incumbent will be highly organised, with the ability to establish business priorities and build strong working relationships.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
Supply planning Manager
- Issue purchase orders for Finished goods that are filled at external vendors based on quantity on hand, forecasted requirements, lead time for more and quoted vendor price for new product development and core replenishment.
- Manage regular calls with vendors’ customer service reps to ensure open orders are on schedule, maintain ERP system with inputs received during each call, including status and updates, component clear and PO delivery date expectations.
- Review and obtain PO approval from the Senior Director of supply chain and Director of procurement and send to vendors to confirm acceptance while maintaining BOM version control.
- Track orders in transit from External fillers to our distribution center, maintain critical stock report and next available date to your internal business partners.
- Consistently monitor and maintain necessary inventory levels addressing slow moving/ aging items. Responsible for the “Life Cycle” from the point of purchase to time of use in production or make the recommendation of final disposition.
- Generate rolling forecast for our Contract manufacturers to ensure the correct capacity allocations are made on behalf of Living Proof.
- Work with vendors to smooth order profile across the network while maintaining inventory and service targets.
- Consistently track supplier performance through accurate scorecards, share results monthly to foster a culture of transparency, escalate risk and grow and foster the working relationship.
Project Management implementation
- Working alongside the Living Proof cross functional team, the incumbent will have responsibility for enhancing and delivering SC processes and protocols.
- Responsible for the timely roll-out of global projects to our customer base
- Anticipate and escalate project risks providing subject matter expert recommendations to minimise the potential impacts.
- Ensure optimal cost/complexity/service balance for the project within the sourcing and third-party network in coordination with R&D.
- Facilitate a top-down pre-forecast aligned between marketing & finance with documented assumptions, the outputs to be used for capacity planning and financial planning.
- Work with sales (with coordination with demand planning) to construct a bottom-up forecast: Documenting assumptions & challenge variations from the business case.
- Present bottom-up business case to the cross functional team for sign off – Outline key changes versus the top down.
- Post launch measure performance versus the signed off business case by channel/top customers. Share and document learning’s for use in future projects.
- Lead the operational SC team to meet/exceed business targets for on time in full delivery and margin optimization for every product launch.
- Capture and report key SC metric for innovations and provide inputs into the project review process.
- Track SKU level costings, present changes, and rationale for changes at key stage gates