The Senior Formulation chemist will lead development of new products and actively participate in strategic business planning as it relates to product development technical challenges. Collaborate with marketing and business management on selection of market and product variant strategic ingredients. As well as work with and influence cross-functional technical teams to achieve project objectives. They will clearly communicate project goals to the broader technical organization and senior management and present project findings along with key project issues at department and cross-functional technical team meetings in a clear, engaging and understandable manner.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Independently formulate personal care products and conduct appropriate performance experiments to meet objectives outlined in program briefs. Ensure physical stability, efficacy, consumer appeal, processing capabilities, package compatibility, and cost effectiveness.
- Interpret product performance and stability test findings and recommend action steps.
- Manage and lead all technical formula aspects of the development program within the prescribed timetable.
- Understand and appropriately utilize validated technical methods within development programs.
- Seek out new formulation insights that can be applied to current and future development programs
- Support Brand Marketing in the design and execution of internal and external concept and use consumer testing.
- Recommend/design in-vitro and in-vivo tests to characterize product performance and support the creation of ownable marketing content.
- Lead programs to completion by coordinating and influencing necessary resources to meet timelines.
- Create appropriate project timelines with defined stage gates.
- Represent own technology and data in group and project meetings within R&D as well as within internal and external project team environment.
- Lead transfer of technology to manufacturing facilities for scale-up and production start-up, including identifying and generating appropriate product/process specifications.
- Anticipate potential technical issues before they occur and establish action plan with supervisor and technical team.
- Build and manage relationships with raw material vendors, contract manufacturers and external technical consultants
- Maintain strong working relationships within Living Proof. Use these relationships to assess/identify project opportunities/issues.