The Chief Programs Officer (CPO) will provide strategic leadership in the ongoing refinement, integration and enhancements of our youth and adult economic empowerment programs. Expertise in developing, implementing and assessing outcomes-driven programs is imperative. Candidates should have demonstrated success in strategic thinking and implementation in alignment with the overall organizational vision and priorities. The CPO reports to the Chief Executive Officer and serves on the Executive Leadership Team.
Key interactions are with the CEO, Executive Leadership Team, program staff teams and the Board of Directors.
- program development and achievement of service delivery plans with clear, measurable and impact objectives that meet the needs of the target population(s) and address equity issues in program design and service delivery
- Development of service pipelines and ongoing relationship management of community partners
- Manage departmental budget in consultation with the Chief Financial Officer
- Ensure sufficient resources for department by actively participating in the identification of new grant or revenue opportunities; work collaboratively to secure new grants; ongoing relationship management and grant deliverables for existing private or public funders.
- Nurture staff development, exemplify organizational values, foster high producing, empowered staff teams and ensure interdepartmental coordination.
YWCA Delaware is On a Mission to eliminate racism, empower women, stand up for social justice, help families and strengthen communities. Each year we serve almost 7,000 Delawareans with programs in housing, health & safety, economic empowerment, youth development, racial and social justice. We advocate for community action, public policies and practices that improve economic security, healthy, safety and social equity for woman and their families with particular attention to the issues that affect people of color. We empower our clients and each other with the personal confidence and skills to eliminate barriers and overcome life’s obstacles. We are a statewide organization headquartered in Wilmington; this position is based in Newark, Delaware.
Job Type: Full-time, exempt. We offer a comprehensive benefits package
When applying, please upload a resume and cover letter
YWCA Delaware is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to inclusivity and encourage qualified candidates from all cultures and communities to apply.
The ideal candidate must be committed to the mission and values of YWCA Delaware. We are seeking an individual who can build teams and leverage the individual capabilities of staff. Additionally: BA/BS degree or equivalent; 7 or more years leadership experience in a complex, fast-paced organization; strong understanding of issues facing marginalized populations; experience with empowerment programs and trauma-informed service highly desirable; an entrepreneurial spirit with an ability to thrive in an environment characterized by growth and change.