• Perform site visits to collect the necessary field information to facilitate the design of
new network cables, utility poles, hand holes, terminal cabinets, etc., or to rearrange
or modify the existing network
• Create design drawings and splice schematics in AutoCAD for aerial and
underground fiber optic projects on deadline and at a high level of quality
• Research and obtain standards/codes required by clients and Jurisdictions and
ensure drawings comply
• Review drawings for completeness, accuracy and quality
• Research and obtain local land base & existing utility as-built shapefiles for import
• Learn and apply standards of drafting and engineering practices
• Develop templates used to create drawing packages
• Identify and troubleshoot problems whenever needed to move projects forward
• Organize/maintain all revisions of project drawings and project-related information in
a logical and well-structured manner
• Create permit drawings, utility schematics and as-built drawings
• Prepare and submit permit packages, including encroachment and specialty permits
(city, county, state, local municipalities, CSX, NSRR, etc.)
• Input as-built information into client specific records/mapping systems
• Generate a Bill of Materials (BOM) from a design
• Monitor status of milestones, and provide regular update of such to the Engineering
• At least 2 years of experience in engineering and permitting for telecommunications
• At least 2 years AutoCAD experience in the telecommunications, including aerial
and underground fiber optic networks.
• A thorough understanding of fiber design standards for underground and aerial
• A thorough understanding of public right-of-way, private easements, existing utilities
such as water, sewer, gas, electric, communication, and other underground and
• Proficient with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word), and Google Earth as well as
editing in ArcGIS tools.
• Able to perform work and duties independently as well as in a team environment
• Outstanding communication (both written and verbal) and customer service skills
• Detail orientation and organization skills
• Basic mathematical skills, e.g. averages, percentages.
• Must be able to sit long periods of time behind computer.
• Must enjoy working in a fast-paced and rapidly changing work environment
• Ability to travel to complete field visits and/or meetings
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Ability to prioritize and complete assignments accurately and in a timely manner.
• A valid driver’s license, including a clean driving record dating back 5 years
• Must pass criminal background check and drug screen
Competitive Total Compensation Package: Base Salary, Bonus and Benefits