Title: Assistant Golf Professional
Reports to: Head Golf Professional
Working under the direction of the Golf Operations Manager, the Assistant Golf Professional assists with all golf operations. Special focus to include: member/guest satisfaction, supervision of outside service staff, merchandising, golf instruction, implementing golf events, tournaments, outings, leagues, teaching clinics and other golf programs designed to improve products and services as well as competitive positioning in the marketplace.
Essential job functions:
- Provide first-class guest services to members/guests with a focus on all golf operations.
- Assist in implementing departmental operating policies & procedures through training and supervision.
- Assist in designing and directing junior golf programs.
- Help design, organize and implement all aspects of golf outings and tournament operations including creation of cart signs, bag tags, scorecards, format sheets, cart staging and scoring.
- Direct supervising responsibilities including, but not limited to training and scheduling for outside service staff, starters and player assistants.
- Assist with merchandising operations including planning, ordering, displaying and performing monthly inventory control procedures.
- Assist in maintaining the golf shop, cart shelter and staging, practice facility, grounds and golf course.
- Monitor the appearance and performance of golf shop and outside operations staff.
- Perform additional duties as required
- Must be able to frequently sit, stand, bend, kneel, walk and crouch.
- Ability to lift up to 20 lbs., and to lift overhead and push/pull, move lighter objects.
- Reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping.
- At least one year experience teaching golf preferred.
- PGA Member (Class A), or Level 1 PGA Associate in good standing.
- A valid driver's license is required.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered for minimum qualification requirements.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the co-worker. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
I have read and understand all of the above. I have reviewed the principle duties for which I am responsible as well as the working conditions and physical requirements. I understand this document does not create an employment contract, and that I am employed by the Company on an “At Will” basis. I further understand that this position description supersedes any and all prior descriptions issued.