At Franklin Street, we achieve success with a collaborative company culture – hiring top professionals sharing our value for integrity, hard work, and accountability. We rely on our strongest asset: our people. Our team of commercial real estate and insurance experts are carefully assembled: we recruit top professionals with a proven track-record of achieving results and invest in the training and development of young talent, who grow to become key members of our experienced team. We also love making a difference and believe in helping our communities through our numerous philanthropy initiatives.
Join us as an Assistant Property Manager at Doral Oaks Apartments, located in Temple Terrace, Florida.
This dynamic team member will be responsible for the efficient management and general business operations of an apartment community which includes leasing, rent collection, and supervisory leadership in achieving the objectives of the property owner as outlined in the annual budget and policies.
- Under the direction of the Property Manager, operates the property efficiently in compliance with Company guidelines in order to achieve maximum return on investment (ROI) for the property owner. This includes but is not limited to:
- Collects and secures rental and utility payments.
- Makes daily bank deposits and verifies the accuracy of those deposits.
- Delivers late rent letters, “notices”, and personally contacts all residents who have unpaid rent.
- Assists in the eviction process and follow-up procedures.
- Utilizes property management software and other systems:
- Inputs daily activity transactions
- Prepares accounting records and reports, including Statement of Deposit Account and monthly close out.
- Ensures occupancy targets are at company standards by performing tasks to effectively market and lease apartments while maximizing the retention of current residents.
- Uses prescribed sales techniques and methods required by the Company effectively and in a legal and professional manner to show and lease apartments and prepare leases.
- Maintains proficiency with Company equipment and software systems (Yardi, time management, MSOffice, Outlook, etc.) in order to review and reconcile monthly reports, communicate effectively, and follow Company procedures.
- Plans, coordinates, and participates in resident retention functions.
- Handles or assists in receiving, recording, preparation and follow-up of work orders to facilitate resident’s service requests.
- Performs regular physical inspections of the property including vacant and “make-ready” apartments, and follows up with Maintenance Supervisor to ensure that work has been completed to Company standards.
- Models a high level of customer service and ensures all employees display a courteous and helpful attitude towards residents, co-workers, and all visitors to the property.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and Technical Requirements:
- High school diploma required. College degree and/or applicable college course work completion a plus.
- 2+ years of property management experience preferred.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Yardi or comparable property management software proficiency a plus.
- Proficiency with standard office equipment including computer, MSOffice suite (Excel, Word, Outlook), calculator, fax machine, and electronic scanner.
- Supervisory level math skills including the ability to calculate pro-rations, bank deposits, time keeping records, etc.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and have reliable transportation in order to make bank deposits, attend meetings, pick-up supplies, distribute marketing etc. as needed.
- Must have mode of communication in which to be contacted to respond in cases of emergency.
- Must be available for weekend, holiday, and evening work, if needed.
- Ability to read, write, and comprehend Spanish at a fluent level strongly preferred.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, ever changing environment.
Must be able to successfully pass pre-employment (post offer) reference and background check.
Franklin Street and Lighthouse HR Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.