Inscripta was founded in 2015 and recently launched the world's first benchtop Digital Genome Engineering platform. The company is growing aggressively, investing in its leadership, team, and technology with a recent $150mm financing round led by Fidelity and TRowe price. The company’s advanced CRISPR-based platform, consisting of an instrument, reagents, and software, offers a fully automated workflow that enables multiplexed, trackable editing of cells at an unprecedented scale. Inscripta’s mission is to enable scientists to realize the full potential of biology. Due to rapid growth and recent commercialization, Inscripta has an opening for a Senior Scientist/Staff Scientist, Mammalian Cell Biology, located in Boulder, CO or Pleasanton, CA.
Inscripta is looking for a Senior Scientist/Staff Scientist for the Mammalian Cell Biology group to contribute to innovative product development of Inscripta’s mammalian genome engineering reagents and platforms. As a Senior Scientist/Staff Scientist in the Mammalian Cell Biology group, you will be part of a cross-functional team focused on advancing the development of Inscripta’s mammalian genome engineering products. The ideal candidate will provide deep expertise in the cell biology, maintenance, and characterization of mammalian cells, including human primary and stem cells. Additionally, you will be responsible for implementing methods and assays for ensuring cell health and other characteristics critical for the success of Inscripta’s genome editing reagents and technology platforms. A strong focus on standards development and quality control are key attributes for this position.
- Serve as subject matter expert and organizational leader of methods, documentation, and systems to support the culture, maintenance, characterization, banking and all related operational and scientific aspects of qualifying and stably managing a variety of human and other mammalian cell types and lines.
- Design and develop cell-based assays, methods, and standardized protocols to characterize human primary cells and/or human pluripotent stem cells, including assays for cellular potency/stemness, differentiation, genome stability, genome integrity and in vivo cellular mechanisms.
- Design, implement and maintain infrastructure to support the quality control, expansion, maintenance, storage, and related tasks required to provide a standardized high-quality supply of multiple mammalian cells / cell lines in support of multiple project and product deliverables.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams in the design, execution and analysis of experiments to generate, interrogate and characterize genetically modified and engineered cell lines and libraries including genotypic, phenotypic, quality, and functional characterization.
- Promote and enable excellence in both cell and reagent handling standardization practices.
- Demonstrate integrity, positivity, and a team-oriented attitude and motivate others to do the same.
- Ph.D. in cell biology, immunology, developmental biology, or a related discipline with 5-8 years post-doctorate experience and a minimum of 2-3 years relevant industry experience.
- For the Staff Scientist level, candidates would need to have at least six years of relevant experience. Salary will be based on experience.
- Direct and extensive experience working with mammalian cells, including human primary and pluripotent stem cells.
- Ability to serve as subject matter expert within the fields of mammalian primary and stem cell biology, including expertise in proper handling, maintenance, and characterization techniques.
- Technical depth in cell and molecular biology, including knowledge of genome integrity and mechanisms that promote mammalian genome stability; experience with CRISPR-based genome engineering methods a plus.
- Expertise across a breadth of mammalian cell culture methods, including 2-D (e.g., flask, multi-well), 3-D (e.g., bioreactors), for both adherent and suspension cells.
- Direct and extensive cell-based assay development experience to characterize human primary cells and/or human pluripotent stem cells, including multicolor flow cytometry and qPCR; single cell assay experience is a plus.
- Organizational and clear communication skills are a necessity.
- Comfortable in a fast-paced, small company environment with minimal direction, and able to adjust workload based upon changing priorities.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills; ability to work and present effectively in cross-functional teams of scientists and engineers.
Inscripta offers a competitive base salary, bonus plan, benefits package, 401k match, and an attractive equity program to all team members. Base Salary Range: $120,000 to $150,000 per year based on experience. Base salary range provided per current averages and expectations. The salary and job title for this opening will be based on the selected candidate's qualifications and experience and may be outside this range. Join us and work with a cutting edge organization creating cutting edge technology. At Inscripta, we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it, support it, and thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our innovation, and our community. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace because the more inclusive we are as a company, the better our work will be. Inscripta is headquartered in Boulder, CO with offices in Pleasanton and San Diego, CA. The role can work out of either location, but Pleasanton workers will travel occasionally to Boulder, CO.