Responsible for the management and operations of the historic and award-winning Crosstown Concourse in midtown Memphis, TN. The Concourse Director of Operations' main objective is to help fulfill the mission and vision of Crosstown building ownership while providing concierge-level service to optimize performance, maximize value, and further the health, harmony, and sustainability of the Crosstown Concourse vertical urban village.
• Provide strategic management and leadership for all aspects of Crosstown Concourse operations, including management and maintenance staff, environmental services, and security team. Think proactively about how to improve operations and building efficiency.
• Maintain positive and effective tenant and key stakeholder communications, and act as the primary point of contact for those relationships as it relates to all aspects of the facility and site
• Work collaboratively with a seasoned management team, including department heads in events/programming, marketing/communications, security, residential management, and engineering
• Develop operating and capital budgets, track variances, oversee the completion of CAM reconciliations, and ensure smooth recovery process
• Identify, train, and mentor key operational team members
• Maintain comprehensive annual inspection process for Crosstown utilizing industry best practices
• Maintain interface with Crosstown building ownership, the Crosstown Redevelopment Cooperative Association, and CA/Crosstown accounting team to ensure total contract compliance, including preparation of accurate and timely reporting
• Coordinate and oversee on behalf of Crosstown building owner all tenant and building construction work to ensure timely and accurate completion
• Foster positive relationships throughout the Crosstown Concourse tenant community, Parcels residents, students and visiting guests
• Ensure compliance with Property Management Policies and Procedures, codes, regulations, and governmental agency directives
• Bachelor’s degree preferred
• 15+ years’ experience in property management (office, retail, hospitality, healthcare, education/campus)
• Strong knowledge of finance and building operations
• History of managing internal/external teams serving campus style environments (hotel, campus, hospital, etc.)
• Experience in community/non-profit engagement
This position requires an ongoing commitment to the following KEY COMPETENCIES:
• Even-tempered disposition. Ability to work under pressure in a composed, focused, affable
and courteous manner. Ability to work well with the public - often idiosyncratic and distinctive personalities and sensitive situations - with a composed and supportive attitude, and to exhibit
a positive and gracious demeanor.
• Adaptable and flexible. Ability and willingness to accommodate ongoing modifications to all tasks and projects, including regular interruptions to workflow, as unexpected issues arise that realign priorities.
• Prompt and timely communicator. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Collaborative team member. Ability to collaborate, give feedback and manage a high volume
of all forms of communication with staff, partners, tenants and vendors. Willingness to educate tenants related to leases and building management and mentor staff to facilitate professional progress.
• Strategic and Organized. Ability to prioritize, manage a high volume of information and tasks and keep multiple projects on track simultaneously, at varying levels of completion.
• Receptive. Open to receiving criticism and feedback with an eye towards problem-solving and continuous improvement. Ability to accept and execute a wide range of tasks necessary to complete projects, including simple/basic tasks as well as highly detailed directives, regardless
• Detail oriented. Ability to sustain close attention to an ongoing set of constantly emerging details unique to each situation, ranging from facilities needs to interpersonal requests from other staff and event participants
• Assertive, determined and focused. Ability to stay on task, working under pressure within
given deadlines to problem-solve and proactively find solutions to obstacles in resourceful
ways, seeing all projects through to completion.
• Care for user experience. Ability to find joy and motivation in a satisfactory end-user
experience for all tenants, residents, students and visitors.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to
communicate with others and exchange accurate information; operate a computer
and other office productivity machinery; constantly move about an expansive 1.2
million square foot workplace; remain in a stationary position for up to 90% of
the time; and extend hands and arms in any direction.