The Pottery Production Manager performs the responsibilities involved in creating and implementing production systems while handling multiple jobs/contracts simultaneously. Directing all aspects of production, marketing, and sales for the Pottery Program. Responsible for maintenance and improvement of pottery products.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Oversee all aspects of Providence Center’s Pottery Studio, including pottery production, maintaining studio and pottery equipment, inventory management, ordering supplies, and wholesale order management.
· Produce wheel-thrown, slab-formed, and slip-cast pottery, from raw material to finished product.
· Supervise all potter production assistants, pottery production, and work being completed from start to finish, troubleshooting and correcting any errors of issues that may arise.
· Develop workflow procedures for multiple jobs, quality control, job quoting, quality assurance, billing, negotiation of deadlines, supervise pick-up and delivery of work.
· Work closely with the Sales and Class Coordinator to manage wholesale accounts by accepting wholesale orders, communicating with wholesale customers, managing production, and shipping/delivery of orders.
· Work closely with the Sales and Class Coordinator to build the pottery program to include new services to the community and individuals we serve, by developing enclaves and/or supported employment that are pottery-based.
· Identify, develop, and promote markets for pottery products.
· Routinely engage in the development of “sustainable” practices within the pottery program and product line for outside sales.
· Develop and sustain a business plan with full utilization of the workforce on a continuous basis.
· Ability to build and maintain effective working relationships with staff, customers, and people supported by Providence Center.
· Work closely with Communication Department and Class and Sales Coordinator to create marketing and promotion materials for the pottery studio.
· Work occasional nights/ evenings as needed to complete duties assigned.
· Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the education, knowledge, skills and/or abilities required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, stand, squat, bend, kneel, push, pull, reach with arms, and handle/feel objects. Must have the ability to lift up to 40 lbs.