Job Description — IT Manager
Position Summary: As the primary IT Leader and Partner for High Desert Church (HDC), the Information Technology Manager provides strategic and tactical support for all HDC’s locations and environments. Based at HDC’s Victorville Campus, this position plays a vital role in the mission of the church through the contributions of overseeing the IT team, budget utilization, information technology service delivery and data base infrastructure.
Principal Working Relationships: This role reports to the Business Administrator and includes responsibility of supporting and overseeing and developing IT staff members and outsourced IT partners.
Duties and Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Leadership and Collaboration Responsibilities:
- Lead with a servant’s heart, demonstrate genuine care and concern, while acting with humility and integrity, when encouraging the efforts of all team members (1 Peter 5:1-4).
- Supports the vision and oikocentric mission of HDC.
- Recruit, train, develop, manage and evaluate the IT team and outsourced partners. Hold regular 1:1 meetings with team members to develop, equip, prepare and execute performance standards while striving to increase capacity and excellence.
- Responsible for the people, work product, and results of the IT team.
- Assist with the creation of policies, procedures, systems, and processes that serve as a conduit for efficient and effective support of the weekend services across all of our ministry sites.
- Guide the IT Department to maintain effective partnership between leadership and the departments of HDC’s ministry
- Think strategically about the future direction of IT based upon the ministry direction of the church and effectively lead through
- Identify areas of opportunity for team members and design individual development plans to improve competency.
- Participate in regular prayer time with other staff members
- Technical Responsibilities: Capable of performing and/or managing all the below tasks and responsibilities at an advanced level.
- FreePBX Phone System Management: Manage extensions, IVS, Routing, PRI, SIP Trunks and Fax capabilities.
- Power Management: UPS, ATS, PDU
- Point of Sale: Maintain Square and Shopkeep
- Microsoft Servers: Maintain and update SQL Server, DHCP, CNS, RADIUS, and Hyper V Cluster.
- Networking: SonicWall firewalls, VLANs, VPNs, HP Switches, Unifi Switches, Unifi Wireless Aps, Spectrum Fiber. Run/pull cabling as needed.
- P2P Wireless Bridge: Maintaining bridge between three current sites.
- Apple Computer/Devices Support: Helpdesk support, repair and replacement of iPads, Apple TV and Mac Workstations/laptops
- Server Support: Maintain and update Microsoft, Linux Open-Source servers and applications.
- iSCSI San: Promise Vess
- Unifi and ExacqVision Camera System: Place and maintain security cameras and system uptime.
- Printer Administration: Support printer configuration, deployment and connectivity.
- Microsoft Servers: Maintain and update SQL Server, DHCP, CNS, RADIUS, and Hyper V Cluster
- Office 365: Mail, OneDrive, Teams
- Membership Database System (RockRMS): System maintenance, upgrades, workflows, event registration, data views, communication templates, group scheduling, custom lava, giving.
- User Account Management: Maintain and update active directory.
- Mobile Device Management: Maintain and update Meraki.
- Giving Platform: Maintain: Maintain and update Tithe.ly Gateway.
- Manage Backups: Veeam, Shadow Protect and Time Machine.
- PCI Compliance: Complete network security scanning.
- Data Collection & Presentation: Analytics and Dashboard creation/manipulation using PowerBI, Tableau, RockRMS, SQL reports
- Plex Content Delivery: Operate kids media server for kids ministry content
- Domain Management: Management of HDC’s web domains through Hover
- Web Support: Data retrieval for webpages using Lava and SQL
Position Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in IT, Computer Science or applicable fields preferred
- 7+ years of experience in progressive IT roles, including management of IT teams. Church IT experience preferred, but not required.
- Effective people manager with a track record of developing teams and people.
- Excellent technical knowledge and application. Capable of learning and adapting to the rapidly changing shifts in technology.
- A team player that thrives in a collaborative team environment, exemplifies a positive “can do” attitude and fosters an attitude of professional excellence
- Must adhere to HDC’s Statement of Faith, Constitution, and Policies
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the IT Manager is regularly required to stand, walk, sit, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch, and crawl. The IT Manager must frequently lift and/or move objects up to 50lbs unassisted, participate in the physical requirements of maintaining, improving and establishing HDC current and future sites located at schools, which may involve running cable, setting-up server rooms, placing equipment in offices, classrooms, auditoriums and other spaces.