Join Our 100% Employee Owned Company!
Day’s Jewelers is a chain of full-service jewelry stores located in Maine and New Hampshire. Founded in Portland, Maine in 1914 by the Davidson family and later purchased by the Corey family in 1988, the company was family owned and operated for 107 years. On November 1, 2021, Day's became a 100% employee-owned company.
The company also operates an e-commerce website, www.daysjewelers.com. Day’s is noted for professionalism and for its commitment to social, ethical, and environmental responsibility.
We are now hiring an experienced Bench Jeweler. Day's has full service jewelry repair shops in each of our eight locations in Maine and New Hampshire. We provide our Jewelers the highest standards in technology, equipment, and a comfortable, safe work environment. We value and respect our Jewelers as an integral part in the success of our company.
- A minimum of 2 year's working independently on jewelry repair is required. Must demonstrate qualifications by performing a bench test that may include: ring sizing, stone setting, gold solder repair, etc.
- Perform the needed repairs to each customer order as instructed.
- Understand and maintain proper and efficient levels of shop and minor repair supplies (gemstones, metals, tools, safety equipment etc.) as needed to complete the jobs and maintain a full service shop.
- Provide ongoing guidance and training to store personnel on how to logically accept jewelry repairs.
- Provide support to the service team through careful expense control and promoting service sales.
- Maintain and use all bench tools and equipment in accordance with manufacturer's specifications.
- Maintain neatly organized bench tools and equipment on the Bench Jeweler's bench.
- Ensure all safety and environmental protocol is followed.
- Sizing rings, up and down, working with all precious metals including Platinum, Gold, White Gold and Silver.
- Basic stone setting and stone tightening skills.
- Soldering knowledge and ability to work with all metal types and solder flow temperatures.
- Cares about people and enjoys creating relationships.
- Driven to deliver a customer experience that exceeds their expectations.
- Ability to work quickly, accurately and independently in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to learn and apply a variety of policies and procedures.
Benefits and Rewards:
- Employee owned – share in the growth and prosperity of our successful company
- Opportunity to work in a collaborative, fun environment where people are valued.
- Paid vacations, sick days and holidays.
- Company funded continuing education opportunities.
- Health insurance plan up to 75% company funded.
- Co-funded 401K retirement plan.
- Opportunity to work for one of the most respected retail jewelers in America.
Day's Jewelers is an Equal Opportunity Employer