Do you have what it takes to keep up with one of the fastest-growing companies in America? If you work hard, play hard and your tail’s always wagging, there may be a place for you at the most innovative name in pet insurance – Petplan!
Our headquarters are buzzing with talented professionals – and their pets! – who are helping Petplan turn the pet insurance industry on its tail. We’re looking for candidates who can balance the wisdom that comes from solid work experience with the passion to push the limits and always take a fresh approach.
We love people who come to work to create, collaborate and contribute – and have fun doing it! In spite of our explosive growth, we’ve maintained our entrepreneurial spirit, which means we work as a team, celebrate each other’s achievements and give it all we’ve got, every day.
Petplan is seeking a compliance professional to join our five-person Insurance Operations team.
Reporting to the Chief Underwriting Officer, the Director of Compliance is responsible for contributing as a key member or the Insurance Operations team by ensuring that the Company remains complaint with the laws and regulations in each of the jurisdictions where the Company operates.
• Conduct periodic internal reviews or audits.
• Investigate and respond to customer and/or regulatory agency complaints. Develop processes and procedures to address any issues identified.
• Review all existing and new marketing materials to ensure compliance with applicable state laws and regulations.
• Review of all producer and partnership agreements to ensure compliance.
• Conduct legal/regulatory research related to product, claims, and distribution.
• Assess product, compliance, or operational risks and develop risk management strategies.
• Oversee remediation of compliance issues uncovered during due diligence.
• Document operational processes.
• Communicate written policies and procedures across the organization.
• File compliance reports with regulatory agencies.
• Consult with outside legal counsel regarding compliance issues.
• Advise senior management and business partners about implementing compliance programs.
• Train employees on operational compliance topics (e.g. Claims, and Distribution).
• Assist external auditors or conduct internal audits (e.g. insurance carrier UW and claims audits).
• Report to senior management on compliance program.
• Collaborate with Underwriting and Actuarial to develop new features and products based on market demands and requirements
• Monitor, report and present on the status of projects
• Bachelor’s degree in Business or related discipline, Master’s preferred
• Certifications or designations in insurance compliance is a plus
• Knowledge of Property & Casualty or Accident & Health industry required; experience in Personal Property inland marine preferred
• Proficient in planning and organizing, with exceptional attention to detail
• Ability to work on and complete multiple projects simultaneously, while working independently towards a common goal
• Strong quantitative, analytical, creative problem-solving and compliance monitoring skills
• Ability to apply initiative and judgment to define and perform tasks, sometimes complex, and sees the bigger picture
• Excellent verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills
• Excellent team player; proven ability to apply innovative ideas and critical thinking
• Able to anticipate needs, innovate and flourish in a high volume, fast paced environment
The position is full time and employees receive competitive compensation. Other perks for the Petplan team include health, dental, matching 401k, paid vacation, pet insurance and lots (and we mean LOTS) of food!
At Petplan, we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products, and our community. Petplan is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.